Friday, June 25, 2021

Red, White, and Blue 4th of July Water







Shop the Items:
Cheers to Friday! With the 4th of July next weekend, I wanted to share with you all, a fun and festive drink that you can sip poolside or at your picnic... and the best part, everyone can partake because it's just water-based! 

It's red, white, and blue so it'll be festive and hydrating on a very hot summer day. It's super easy and I make it often in the summer because it tastes so refreshing. I'm serving mine in a pitcher but it looks pretty in a drink dispenser and you can even just make a personal glass for yourself! 

All you need is your favorite fruit. I used berries: raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, and blackberries. The key to making it slightly different than typical 'spa water' is to first muddle some of the berries in the pitcher to release the juices. Then add in ice and water and stir. 

It's so flavorful. It's even a great trick to get yourself to drink more water throughout the day because it tastes so good! I think of it as a good alternative to Lemonade, too, since you still get that fruity, sweet flavor but without all of the added sugar and calories! 

Instead of flat water, you can also use sparkling water of your choice. I prefer Topo Chico. 

I was able to find everything I needed for my festive red, white, and blue water at Walmart. They have so many great home items like the melamine cups and such cute 4th of July decorations and other hosting necessities! Thank you to Walmart for sponsoring this post. All opinions are my own! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for doing this, I don't drink and it's so nice to see festive NA recipes!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure