Thursday, July 8, 2021

Lately




Dress// Shoes

Hope you are all having a great week or should I say a week that has been better than mine, ha!! Yesterday morning, I was getting into my car to go to Orange Theory and my car didn't start! I was just thankful that I was at home when it happened. So my car is now getting fixed... again! It was there last week and the week before that! And then a crazy storm rolled in and we lost power for a few hours so that was not fun. But a good excuse to stop working a little earlier than usual. My fiancé saved the day and brought home my favorite Thai food and that definitely brightened the day up! Here's to a better today!

We have a wedding this weekend which will be lots of fun! It's my fiancĂ©'s friend from college and (small world) the bride is a girl that was on a soccer team with my sister when they were younger and my dad coached the team. Too funny and very much a Pittsburgh small world kind of thing, ha!! 

Did you all have a good 4th of July holiday weekend? We really did not do much and I'm thankful because it was nice to rest and get lots of to-do lists things crossed off. We don't really have a single free weekend until September (and September is looking full already) so I really was glad for the rest and relaxation!

I definitely don't want to rush the summer, but after perusing the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale offerings, I got in such a fall mood. We'll chat about the Nordstrom sale another day, but I am just so not a summer person. Don't get me wrong, I do love the sunshine and warmer temps, but I don't love the sweltering heat. At all. I'm MUCH more of a fall girl. September-December is where I absolutely thrive! We definitely didn't get to have a 'normal' fall last year and that really upset me so I am really looking to fully embrace the fall season that will be here in just 2ish months! 

Wearing: I've had this bag since the fall of 2019 and haven't yet carried it! It is sold out in this shape, but the clutch is just beautiful and would make a really nice engagement gift. I can't wait to carry it on our minimoon! You can choose any ribbon color and letters or numbers! So fun! 

Eating: This recipe for balsamic parmesan roasted asparagus and tomatoes sounds delightful. It also seems easy enough to serve as a side dish for a crowd! 

Drinking: I'm seriously considering this sweatshirt. HA!!

Sale: Ok these are shearling snow boots... but hear me out, I know it is July, but this is the time to buy stuff like this to save $$. Things like this go on major sale right now! They are currently 52% off. I think they're a steal at this price and something that will last for so many years. A wardrobe staple if you live in the northeastern US! 

Watching:
 We started Manifest and made it to episode 3. We are not sure we get the hype, ha!! It was not awful, but not good enough to keep us hooked. Anyone who has watched further, should we push through? Does it get better?

Listening: My spring/summer playlist is getting added to! I have been obsessed with Fancy Like by Walker Hayes. It's country and so not my thing usually, but it just makes me so happy and is so summery! Also, I had no idea Applebee's was still in business, ha!!! I had to Google it to see if it was because he says it a lot in the song- I totally forgot about that restaurant. And sure enough, there are actually a lot of Applebee's in the Pittsburgh area. Who knew!! 

Loving: This headband. OMG. 
Wanting: Oh I just love this scalloped linen button-down. Such a fun take on a classic. Also this pretty white sundress. I love the back!
Pittsburgh: I got the grilled salmon harvest salad from The Porch this past weekend and oh my goodness it was SO delicious. Also, I always forget about The Porch but their outdoor patio (the one in the South Hills) is just so enjoyable to sit outside and enjoy their food. We have yet to go there for dinner, but I am seeing a glass of wine and some yummy food out there for a fall date night! 
Smelling:  I think I'd classify this perfume as my #1 favorite of all time. The set that's included in the Nordstrom sale is only $40 and a good entry into Jo Malone if you don't want to spend on the larger bottles. It's what I will wear on our wedding day and going to burn it all day that day to remind me of our day. It's seriously the BEST scent. 

Traveling: We are headed to the lake soon and I am so excited! 

Quoting: "Always be kinder than you feel."// See more of my favorites, here.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Manifest does not get better....save yourself now.

Also, VW owner for 30 years- 2 Cabriolets, 1 Beetle....they are a love / hate relationship, but 90% of the time, still my favorite car brand. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

I have watched all of Manifest and it really doesn't get better haha. I think I stuck with it because I wanted it to improve and it had so much potential. I hope I get a finale because I need some closure haha!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure