Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Father Daughter Wedding Songs

So Father's Day sparked today's Wedding Wednesday post that I was really not planning on doing but then thought of it last-minute. In all actuality, I have really been working on it for years now! 

I created a Father/Daughter dance playlist with all sorts of good songs (seriously it's almost 3 hours long)! I included everything from cheesy to upbeat and pretty much everything in between. So if you need an idea or something to spark your mind, check it out! 

Ironically, my dad and I are not dancing to a song on this list. That's just because it's not really a song that I think many (if any) would typically dance with their dad, it's just special for us! 

But anyway, our second choice song was Forever Young by Rod Stewart. When I graduated from college, my dad made me a photo album of photos from my college years and wrote out the lyrics to the song. They are so sweet and I've always cherished the album.  

Since the playlist is pretty long, you could definitely use a lot of them interchangeably as potential father/son or first dance songs, too, and it's mostly an easy-listening playlist if you want something relaxing playing in the background. 

I'd love to know what you danced with your dad to on your wedding day (if you did a father/daughter dance)?

3 comments:

Sunny said...

I danced with my dad to "Through the Years" by Kenny Rogers. It was an interesting choice, because neither one of us were huge Kenny Rogers fans. It just felt right. I got married in 1992. I insisted on having a mother/daughter dance at my reception, as well. My mom and I danced to "Wind Beneath My Wings" by Bette Midler. Looking back, I am so glad that I had these special moments with both my mom and dad. I cannot wait to read to what song you and your dad will be dancing!

Cameron Ramsay said...

Having growing up a Disney kid, and now working for the company I picked “When you wish upon a star” but Steve Tyrell’s version. Looking forward to it :)



Cameron Ramsay said...

Having growing up a Disney kid, and now working for the company I picked “When you wish upon a star” but Steve Tyrell’s version. Looking forward to it :)

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure