Monday, August 23, 2021

Late Summer Lounge Outfit




Nautical Wood Board (use code SYDNEY20) for 20% off 

Snapped these pics one evening while at the lake- comfy outfit, no makeup, hair up, a glass of wine and a snack board... the good life, in my opinion! 

I always internally struggle this time of year. I am not a summer person as I don't love the heat, but there are SO many things that I do still love about the summer season: it is light out for much longer, fun things to do outdoors, pool time, ice cream, wearing easy breezy summer dresses, long walks with Henry, etc. However, I am what I like to call a '4th quarter girl' through and through. October-December is my time, baby!!!!! I love the fall and the weather; I love the food, the smells, the clothes, ALL of it. 

So, I'm conflicted because I really don't want to wish summer away, but at the same time, I'm like OK, just give me fall! Anyone else feel this way? 

Anyway, I feel like this outfit that I am sharing today is a great representation of 'I don't want to wish summer away, but I am excited for fall' outfit. Because the sweater is cotton, it can be worn year-round and isn't too hot for summer evenings. But it's also perfect for fall and comes in quite a few colors so it's something you'll see me wearing in Q4 as well. The pants are most definitely summer and the 'rule' about linen pants is typically you see that go away after labor day. I acctually kind of follow that rule- just linen, though, I wear white pants year round, otherwise but also would wear linen in a tropical climate regardless of time of year. I doubt I'll wear linen pants after labor day, but if you don't have a pair of linen pants, get yourself a pair. They are SO comfortable, timeless, and can be worn in a myriad of ways. 

Both pieces of clothing I am wearing run big so size down at least one size! I love a lot of what J.Crew has out right now, but I am finding most of their items to run really big lately! I am a solid size small in most brands and have been for my adult life- I don't typically size down to an XS and never an XXS in most brands. In fact, if anything, I'd likely size up to a medium before I'd size down to an XS in most brands, but I have found myself mostly sizing down at least one, if not two sizes from J.Crew lately. Just some food for thought as you are ordering! 

The wood board is from my collaboration with WREN Home! I worked with their team to create new customized monograms for their products and curated a few of my favorites in my 'shop' on their site! You can read more about it, here. They also gave me a code that you are able to use for 20% off. It is SYDNEY20. These will make wonderful holiday gifts and are of the highest quality! 

1 comment:

TLA said...

100% with you! Summer is not my favorite season (due to the heat and humidity). I like things *about* summer, but not necessarily summer itself, if that makes sense! I’m definitely a fall and winter girl…the best smells, the best clothes, the most festive holidays, the best food (though I will acknowledge that summer gets the nod for my all time favorite meal, steamed crabs, and the best produce)!

Love this outfit as well! Summer sweaters with linen or khaki shorts or pants at the beach are such a great, classic vibe.

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure