Thursday, September 2, 2021

Lately


This was a pretty low-key week! We got a ton of rain Tuesday night and Wednesday so our sump pump was on all day yesterday and then our bedroom ceiling started leaking, so that was a bit of a bump in the road, but all is good! 

Most of the week I spent prepping for fall content and all of that which was very fun! I've also been working on wedding posts as we got some of our photos back!! Thank you all so much for your kind words and well wishes and love, I appreciate your kindness so much!! 

Wearing: This cashmere oversized tee is definitely one of my most favorite purchases as of late! 

Eating: We went to Costco this week and got a few new-to-me items. One of them being these Cheddar Bacon crisps. They are SO good. If you are craving a salty snack like chips or something like that, this will do the trick. Each one is so rich, I eat one or two crisps and my salty craving is satisifed! 
Drinking: I had a hair appointment this week so before I headed to the salon, I stopped at Starbucks. I got a flat white but made it 'pumpkin spice' (I put my customizations in the photo above). I was then quickly reminded that I don't actually like pumpkin spice drinks, ha! I think I drank them way to much in college/my early 20's that I just can't do it anymore! I am boring and prefer black coffee or a plain flat white! 
Sale: I finally got a Mason Pearson brush because they are on sale, here. If that's not the prettiest packaging, I don't know what is. Courtney Benedetti, the amazing woman who did my hair for our wedding used one and I was sold right then and there! They're ridiciulously expensive for a hairbush, though. Before I got this I was using a $10 WetBrush, which I also think is a great brush, and I still use that when I get out of the shower! I got the large boar bristle and nylon. I notice when using the Mason Pearson brush that it makes my hair look smoother in styles like ponytails, but I think that's just the nature of boar bristle and there are much cheaper versions out there that I'm thinking would work just the same. 

Sale II: Dudley Stephens is currently 25% off sitewide with code LABORDAY through 9/6! You can read all about my favorites, here

Watching:
We just watched Minority report which is a movie starring Tom Cruise from the early 2000's. It was an odd science-fiction-y movie and the first 10-15 mins we were not sold but as we kept watching we ended up really liking it! A good movie if you and your significant other are having a movie night at home! 

Watching II: Did you all see Seinfeld is coming to Netflix on October 1st? I love this show so much so I am glad to see it coming!!

Listening: I've really been enjoying the 'elegant affair' playist on Spotify. It's a lot of swing/big band! 
Loving: I've shared these a bunch in the past but these are seriously my most favorite red wine glasses ever. They are cyrstal and so they feel and look so stunning. The shape is so elegant but also feels modern and 'fresh' to me. 
Wanting: So I saw this viral TikTok video about a Peter Thomas Roth product for undereye bags and wrinkles. The video was insane showing how well the product worked so I ended up ordering the product. I will report back on how it is! I'm also starting to see a lot of fall clothing, shoes, accessories, etc. popping up on some of my favorite sites and I am SO excited!!

Quoting: See more of my favorites, here.
 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure