Thursday, October 14, 2021

Lately


I hope you are all having a great week! It has gone by so quickly for me as I have had lots on my plate lately! On Monday I went to work on a campaign I am SO excited to share with you all starting in mid-November. It was seriously one of my most fun brand collaborations to date! This evening, we are off to a Kiya Tomlin fashion show which will be fun, too! 

We watched my parent's dog this weekend and are watching him again this weekend. Buddy and Henry get along so well! We have a good friend's wedding here in Pittsburgh on Saturday to attend which will be lots of fun! In my free time on the weekend, I honestly plan to work. It's the 'busy' season (and earlier than ever) so I'm putting my nose to the grindstone to make it all happen! 

We got a new rug for our bedroom this week and I am so excited about it! I cannot wait to share, it's gorgeous! Let me say, though, putting a rug down after all of the furniture is in the room is not idea. It was a big process, hah!! I also ordered a new kitchen runner. They get so dirty being in the kitchen that the one we have is getting icky. I eventually will powerwash them in the summertime, but for now, a new runner will be fun and give the kitchen a different look! I will share when that arrives, too! 

I also just have to say how seasonally confused I am!! It has been warm and sunny here (definitely not complaining) and it's usually colder right around now here in Pittsburgh. I think it's supposed to cool down next week. On top of that putting together all of this holiday content and see all of the holiday marketing out right now is exciting but also confusing, ha!!! 

Wearing:
 This Stacie Flinner x Marta Scarampi cape is everything and then some. Stacie is the absolute sweetest and so generously sent me one of her designs and it's so incredible elegant. I will be wearing this all fall and winter! And how about this cream stunner? Wow!

Eating: With the holiday season almost upon us, I'm always reminded of how fortunate I am. The Pittsburgh Food Bank can always use donations, but especially now as food prices have risen and the holidays are coming! We don't want any of our neighbors going hungry. Donate now! I just did.

Sale: Amazon is doing 3-for-the-price-of-2 books! You have to choose from this selection, but it's a big selection and a great way to get some holiday gifts! Beautiful and More Beautiful are both by Mark Sikes and are stunning coffee table books! I have a post about coffee table books, here

Sale II: My favorite lipstick (in the color rosewater) that I wore on my wedding day is currently 20% off. It makes a really great stocking stuffer! 

Watching:
 Seinfeld is on Netflix and it's the perfect thing to put on in the background as I work! Love that show so much! 

Loving: I am absolutely in love with this new-to-me brand, Hive Porcelain. Oh my goodness their things are BEAUTIFUL! This is a carved monogram on a big mug-tone on tone. I feel like this was made exactly for me, ha!!! Ok and then a moment for this coaster that would be the CUTEST engagement gift to use as a ring dish. And this ornament as a wedding gift. LOVE! 

Loving II: I'm already thinking ahead to New Year's and look how cute this pack of tinsel headbands is!!!! 
Wanting: So much holiday decor and gifts coming out I can barely keep track of it all!!! 

Pittsburgh: Monterey Bay has a cute bar area with arguably the best view in all of the city. We went the other evening for drinks and it was great but we had seen a sign that said that they do live music on Friday evenings! We are going to have to go back for that!

Quoting: 'Hate is a disease which may destroy your enemy, but will also destroy you in the process.' - Eddie Jau // See more of my favorites, here.

2 comments:

Annie said...

I love the look of your blog (and the content, obvi) but did your font get even lighter? The light grey on the white is hard to read. :( I don't think it's my computer because it happened on another one as well.

Sydney Carver Snyder said...

Hi Annie! Thank you so much for your kind words. I am SO sorry you are having trouble with the font on my website... I haven't changed anything and I just looked on both my phone and computer and it looks the same to me. I am updating my website in 2022 and will definitely take note to use a darker font! Thank you so much for the feedback, I appreciate it so much!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure