Thursday, January 27, 2022

Lately

Cardigan (use code SYDNEY20 for 20% off, code expires 1/28)

How is your week going? Mine is going well! Nothing too exciting to report this week. It has been SO cold here and it's supposed to be even colder this weekend so I have been hibernating, ha! I've really only left the house to go to Orange Theory. Pretty lame!!! 

Because it's so cold and there is so much salt that has been put out all over our neighborhood due to the snow/ice, I really only take Henry out for a quick walk (like 10 minutes max) and I think he's starting to get bored, which I can't blame him. The salt can burn a dog's paws so I have to be very careful with him while we are outside!! So I have been trying to play with him and create mental stimulation toys for him. I'm hoping it's helping him to burn off some energy! Last night we threw a ball in the house for like an hour to wear him out, ha!!! 

This weekend we are going to a concert and out to dinner which should be fun and then we are going to brunch at a new place that just opened up near home! So that will be fun! 

Wearing: The outfit in the photo above is what I wore out this weekend. It was frigid so I really bundled up for the occasion!

Reading: Have you guys heard about light masks? I love trying new skincare things and reading about them and I have been seeing a lot about them in the past year. They're pricey, so I'm not sure if they are worth it, but I've been eyeing the Current Body brand. Apparently, it's a favorite device among celebrities. It's supposed to reduce wrinkles and improve skin texture and firmness. The reviews are almost all 5-stars. I'm so intrigued!!! 

Sale: I love the martini glasses that we got as a wedding gift! We use them often. They are currently on sale! These are our cocktail picks that we love, too. They are not on sale but make such a great gift! These snaps were from our Saturday night date night. We had drinks and snacks at home before we headed to our late dinner reservation! We played Uno and it was so fun! 

Sale II: Printfresh is one of my favorite brands for pajamas and right now they are having a wharehouse sale where you can get adorable pajamas for up to 50% off! 

Watching:
We flew through Archive 81 on Netflix. It's scary/a thriller so just be aware!! It was truly kind of odd but we also loved it!!! It's filmed in Pittsburgh. 

Listening: I heard this song originally on TikTok and now I love it. It's almost just like ambiance but I feel SO calm when I listen to it. It's hard to explain! 

Wanting:
 Love these blue and white salad plates so much! This platter would look so gorgeous hung on a wall! Love these two-tone loafers for spring! I've been wanting this tie-dye sweatshirt literally since early 2020. It's not on sale for under $100! I am trying to resist, but I just think it's so cute. 

Pittsburgh: We went to Pusadee's Garden this past weekend and it continues to be the best (in my opinion) restaurant in Pittsburgh. The food is 10/10. I've seriously never eaten a bad thing there, their drinks are perfect, and I love the atmosphere. The service is wonderful, this time it was just OK, but overall it's truly the best! 

Smelling: I feel like I need to continue to rave about this hand cream. It smells incredible. I put it on every night and I literally look forward to putting it on. It has a calming smell to it and I still cannot put my finger on what it smells like. It's just so pleasant. I've been putting on so much hand cream. My hands are SO dry in the winter months so I've really been using this a ton. It's pricey, but this is a little luxury I cannot quit! I saw this quote on Pinterest and it really resonated with me. I love to savor the best tiny little moments in my day. As crazy as that sounds, putting on this hand lotion each night is one of those moments!

Traveling: I'm headed to Charleston for a little over a week next month. I'm so excited, I have been many times but it never gets old, it is so beautiful there! 
Recommending: How cute are these hand soap dispensers? I just got two for our kitchen! Just $10 each!

Quoting: See more of my favorites, here.

2 comments:

Laura said...

The Current Body seems very interesting. Will have to do further research to determine if worth a try. Agree quite pricey but these days what isn't? My son lives in Mt. Pleasant and works for a bank on Meeting Street. He lives 5 minutes from Isle of Palms and Sullivans Island. Enjoy your trip!! My favorite place is the rooftop bar at Market Pavilion Hotel.

Anonymous said...

I was gifted a light mask about 1.5 years ago and was very skeptical, but I think it actually helps! I've had a small broken capillary under my eye since I was a kid and after a few months of using the mask it's basically undetectable. I didn't make any other changes during that time, so that's what really sold me. I have the DMH Aesthetics one, if you want to look into it!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure