Friday, January 21, 2022

Outfits Inspired by Bewitched




Shop the Outfit:
I love the 1960s sitcom, Bewitched. Love. I get so much fashion inspiration from the main character, Samantha Stevens. The fictional character is played by Elizabeth Montgomery and I think she is just absolutely stunning. 

I watch all of the seasons constantly as I find myself wishing I had her wardrobe. I soooo badly wish I could interview the stylists for this show. I have SO many questions. I personally prefer the earlier seasons in terms of fashion. In the later seasons, some of the 70s fashions start to creep in which is a little less my personal preference. 

One thing I notice when I watch the show is that her outfits could fit in well in 2022. While not on-trend in 2022, many of her outfits are just so classic, elegant, and simple. She's often in skinny pants and a sweater top for her more casual outfits. Most of her daytime looks are simple but she always looks so polished with her hair done and makeup on! 

I decided to start screenshotting outfits that she wears that I love. Some of them are harder to recreate because they are gowns or beautiful dress and coat sets that they just don't seem to make anymore. But the more casual ones are pretty easy to replicate. 

So welcome to my Bewitched journey. Today I'm sharing two looks and I'll share others as I become inspired! 
This first outfit I didn't replicate exactly. She was wearing red skinny pants and a red turtleneck. That much red is not really me, but I was mostly inspired by the cream chunky knit cardigan. So I decided to do black as the base of the outfit and then top it off with this gorgeous Cardigan

She often wears her hair in a ponytail with a bow so, of course, I followed suit. I don't often wear my hair in a ponytail but this has inspired me to start!






This outfit was super easy to recreate. It is easily something I would have worn without even seeing Samantha Stevens in it.

This Mockneck Sweater comes in a ton of colors and I love the mock neck and roomy fit. It was under $50 and really nice for the price. 

I think the one thing I really like about looking at Bewitched for outfit inspiration is that I don't feel pressure to wear whatever is currently on-trend. There is nothing wrong with what is on-trend, It's just not my own personal taste so I can do my own thing. I feel so good about that! 

Now I really want a pavĂ© diamond heart necklace. She wears it every episode and I just love it! 

While I don't think these outfits are necessarily groundbreaking, it was fun to be able to truly recreate outfits that were worn 60 years ago!

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure