Monday, January 31, 2022

Wedding Guest Dresses

Apparently, 2022 will be the year with the most weddings the USA has seen since 1984! My sister is included in that number and I can tell how many of you are headed to weddings this year because I am constantly asked for wedding guest dress ideas or bridal outfit ideas!

I've been searching for months for some dresses as I have my sister's bachelorette weekend, a week in Charleston with my husband, my sister's bridal shower, my birthday, her rehearsal dinner, and we have another wedding right after my sister's in June! So many wonderful occasions to look forward to! 

I would share this topic more often since it is so highly requested but I have said this for about two years now but I really feel like there are no good dresses and if they are amazing, they're over $1000. It's very slim pickings and I keep wondering when that will change! Historically, right now is an awkward time for retail (usually the saying is any month with a 'J') so I am going to share my finds with you all, but I think if you can hold off for another month for a dress for spring weddings, you will see a better selection. I did find a few gorgeous things.

I also included some white dress options for the brides-to-be, there are some gorgeous things and I wanted to make sure I shared them with you all, too! I just couldn't find enough to make that a separate post, so they are mixed in! 

We had quite a few reasons to dress up in 2021, and in large part, I repeated what I already owned because I just never found anything I was head over heels about and also willing to pay the high prices for! 

The trends with all of the ruffles and big collars and puffed sleeves are just not me so I'm really struggling!!  I think Nordstrom Rack, The Outnet, and Saks Off 5th are all good places to look. They are spotty with sizes and low stock but you can really find a gem for a great price here and there if you look! 

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure