Tuesday, March 8, 2022

A Favorite Spring/Summer Sundress



Dress// Tennis Shoes (use code SUMMER20 for $20 off)
Shop the Post:
I was just on a trip for about 10 days. I'm not a good packer. I ALWAYS overpack. But this time, I actually did not overpack... I underpacked. I felt like I was taking so much, but I wore everything and I actually ran out of clothes on the last day or two! No big deal, though, I just re-wore this dress! The temperatures were SO wonderful in Charleston. I just could not get over that this was 'winter' in the south. I was wearing full-on summer clothing and I loved every minute of it! It was my favorite type of weather- cooler mornings and evenings and warm afternoons. Perfect! It was quite shocking when we landed in Pittsburgh in the late evening and it was 26 degrees. Not surprising, I guess! 




Anyway, I wore this for two days with lots of walking so one of those days, I wore these Tennis Shoes which are SO comfortable! I don't typically love dresses and tennis shoes together but I think sometimes they can work and sometimes sneakers are just necessary! I thought this dress looked pretty cute with the white tennies! 

You can use code SUMMER20 for $20 off your first Rothy's purchase. I could not recommend these enough. They are incredibly comfortable. I walked 10-20k steps each day while in Charleston and my feet were happy!! 

My blue cashmere cable knit cardigan that you see in these photos is from Ralph Lauren a few years ago and is sadly no longer available. However, this v-neck cardigan is a great option for something that looks similar! 




Another day I just wore the dress with sandals as we didn't do as much walking and it was much hotter that day! 

I love this dress. It's a smocked dress so you have that stretchiness at the chest. I love smocked things because I always forgo a bra with them. This one, I esepecially love because the smocking is not as noticeable since the stitching blends in with the pattern of the dress. 

The fabric is lightweight but it is fully lined, which is great. This will be so great to have on hand this summer for days when you want to look put together but it's just so hot to wear anything clingy! 

Sizing
I'm wearing a size small, it runs true to size!

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure