Thursday, March 31, 2022

Lately




Are you all having a good week? This week has been so-so. Nothing too exciting to report! I am going to one of my favorite spots for dinner tomorrow night which will be fun and then I also have quite a bit of work to do this weekend as I am trying to get ahead a bit because I am traveling a lot/have a lot going on in April and May! 

This past weekend was my sister's shower! They had a couple's shower cocktail party and it was so much fun!!! I was so glad to see Callie and Timmy so happy and having the best time! 

Wearing: The only thing I can link between the two of us is our shoes- sorry for the black and white photos but the lighting was horrible haha! My shoes are Lilly and I love them and Callie's are Manolos

Drinking: On Tuesday, I shared a cocktail recipe that is similar in taste to a pina colada but is lower in calories!! 

Reading: This article is about Meta's push for Reels on Instagram (if you don't know, Meta is now the parent company of Instagram, Facebook, etc.). With 13 years of experience in this industry, I have SO much to say about this entire article and overall topic but for now, I'll just say that it is worth the read whether you are in the world of social media creating content or you consume content on social media.

Sale: The Sephora Sale starts tomorrow. It's a tiered sale that spans almost two weeks and you can shop depending upon your status. The tiers are... 

April 1// 20% off for Rouge Members
April 5// 15% off for VIB Members
4/7 10% off for Insider Members 

The sale ends on April 11th! I'll be back here with some of my favorites and will be on stories sharing favorites, too. 

Watching: I finished season 2 of Bridgerton yesterday and was totally underwhelmed. The sets and costumes and all of that were so well done, per usual, but the storyline was a little flat for me. I just started Love is Blind season 2 which is totally one of the most ridiculous reality shows on Netflix. I actually cringe as I watch the show, but it's sure as heck entertaining, ha!! 

Listening: Would That I by Hozier.  I have been playing it over and over. It's SO good. 

Loving: I'm excited about the Stoney Clover x Target collab! It launches on April 2nd! I think the stuff is so fun and cute for summertime! 
Wanting: I'm going through a period where I want everything, hahah! But mostly pretty colorful sundresses! 
Wanting II: Do you know what I spent a lot of my free time doing this week? Researching plants. Tis the season! I think I am going to order these planters, btw! 

In my 'old age' I have come to love plants and I have a slight interest in gardening but am not good at it/not knowledgeable enough. I have a nice big windowsill above the sink in the kitchen and the windowsill is deep enough to hold medium-sized planters. I love having plants on the windowsill and have kept various ones alive year-round. I kept my fern alive for like 2 years which I am proud of (LOL), but I think it got sick because it started to smell REALLY bad so I ended up throwing it away. Right now I have a kalanchoe that has been going strong since 2020 and then some sort of cyclamen plant that was from fall 2021. The cyclamen looks like it could be on its last leg and my kalanchoe has grown so tall and large but it hasn't flowered in like a year. 

Anyway, long story short, I want to kind of start over with the windowsill and be strategic about what I choose. The plants that I have had on the windowsill before are just random ones I will get at Trader Joe's if I see something I like and don't really pay attention to whether or not it will fare well on my windowsill. 

Maybe some herbs? Maybe some sort of ornamental topiary? I think a maidenhair fern is pretty! I am literally ALL over the place! Do you all have any recommendations? This is for indoors with full sunlight. I can't really seem to find anywhere to actually purchase a topiary or a beautiful indoor plant. I feel stumped! 
Amazon Rec: This small metal contraption is meant to hold hangers! It is one of those things you never knew you needed until you get one. It keeps all of my extra hangers neat and tidy and it makes it so easy to just grab one! These are my favorite hangers that you can buy in a pack of 50! You can find more of my Amazon favorites, here!

Smelling: I'm so curious about this foam body wash! I love a mandarin scent and love foamy body wash so I think I'd like this! 

Traveling: I'm headed to Amelia Island and Palm Beach in April (two separate trips) and I am so excited!

Quoting: Social media is designed to make you think: 'Maybe I should be somewhere else, doing something else, with someone else.' But if you always think your happiness is somewhere else, it will never be where you are. // See more of my favorites, here.

2 comments:

Laura Baker Busic said...

Omg Callie's shower dress is sooo beautiful! Also, I'm jealous you're headed to Palm Beach! I had my bachelorette party there a few years ago and I've been itching to go back!

Kelly C said...

You packed so much goodness into this weeks lately sis! I loved the quote. Okay so I saw my friend on instagram @carolinethompson, her husband has these cute little boxwood topiaries, similar to Melissa Smreaker's and they are SO cute! I think you can get them at Home Depot. Also, go to Salisbury and Manus website and check out their scent Folly, if you remember it's what the store in Charleston smells like. I just bought a bottle this week and I'm obsessed. So springy and light.

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure