Friday, April 15, 2022

Random Things About Me


Last April 14th, I did a 'random things about me' post as it was my birthday. Yesterday was a weekly scheduled Lately post so I thought I would do another 'random things about me' post again this year! I think this is just fun and also little things to help you to get to know me a little better!

- I love condiments. Pickles are my very favorite but I also LOVE mayonnaise... has to be Helman's. I also probably eat pickles at least once a day. 

- My Meyer's Briggs is ESTJ-A (called the 'executive personality'). I think personality testes, enneagrams, etc. are so fascinating. 

- I'm an Aries but know nothing about Astrology. 

- In another life, I would like to own an antique shop or a be gemologist.

- In the past 5-10 years, I've been really into investing and learning about different financial markets and spend a lot of time reading about that in my free time. 

- I don't like baths. I also don't like getting facials. 

- I always sleep with a top sheet. I had no idea that people don't sleep with top sheets until my sister told me a few years ago that she doesn't!

- I like to call people nicknames. I call many people in my life by nicknames that I have made up for them. At our wedding, on the menu cards, we had everyone's name put on them so they also acted as placecards but instead of formal names, we put the nicknames of everyone on the menus. For example, my cousin is named Paige and I call her Piki and I have another cousin named Taylor that I call Tibbles. My friend Peyton, I call Paste, my friend Bailey, I call her Billy, my mother, I call Sizzle, the list goes on! The names have caught on in some cases and other people call them by the nickname. 

- Besides dogs, my favorite animal is a pheasant. I think they are so incredibly beautiful. 

- When we got our family dog, Mac, I was 14. Before then, we had never had a pet in our family. My sister and dad really wanted a dog so they went on a search for one and one day they come with Mac. At first, I could not believe we had a 'wild animal' in our home and was very unenthused. Mac very quickly won me over. Now, I can't imagine life without a pup!!! I LOVE dogs and I just love animals and feel really passionate about animal welfare. 

- I know every single world to Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride and He Mele No Lilo (from Lilo and Stitch). That soundtrack is SO darn good.

- Going to other state's grocery stores is thrilling for me. All of you that have Wegman's, I am JEALOUS! There is something about overpriced prepared foods that really does it for me...like a Dean and Deluca or Citarella. HA! Even better, grocery stores in other countries. I love to see what kinds of chips they have in other countries! The best chip flavor I have ever had were in France. They were Lays and called Moutarde Pickles They taste exactly like a deli sandwich. I have never been to Erewhon but a bunch of you have told me that it's something that I'd really love. Ok also, love a good Italian market like Penn Mac or Cibrones here in Pittsburgh but also Eataly. 

- I can't stand the light from can lights. In our home, there are a lot of can lights and my husband jokes with me because I always get so annoyed if they are ever on in our house! I really only like light coming from lamps.

- I've never seen Jurassic Park or Star Wars. 

- The chore I dislike the most is emptying the dishwasher. I basically love all other chores, ha! I truly enjoy doing laundry and changing the linens on our bed. I also love to vacuum. 

- I still keep a paper calendar. 

- I'm very competitive with myself. I really like to beat myself in things. For example, the other day at Orange Theory, there was a 'challenge'. These challenges and benchmarks happen periodically and are recorded into their system so you can track your fitness level. Well, I always have to beat myself. Always. Just this past week, there was an 'inferno' challenge which is a rowing challenge and I practically killed myself to get a PR, ha! I see this as really helpful to me in my business. Maybe it might surprise people but this job is very analytic-focused so there are lots of stats and numbers and I am always trying to outdo myself MoM and YoY. I really like things that can be measured. 

- I still have my 'blanky' from when I was a child. I love it. I will never give it up.

- If I won the lottery and never had to work another day in my life, I'd still want to be doing what I am doing. 

- I'm not big into Hollywood or celebrities, but some guests I'd love to invite to a party (alive): Cameron Wimberly (from Southern Charm), Harry Styles, Nancy Meyers, Tinx, Carolina Herrera, Reese Witherspoon, Cameron Diaz, and Diane Keaton. 

- My perfect day would start with sleeping in, no early morning plans, and time to just sit and relax with my coffee. It would end with a delicious sushi dinner with friends and family! 

- My parents still tease me about the time when I was in high school and preparing to go to college, I asked them how all of my furniture was going to fit into my dorm room. LOL! 

1 comment:

Annaliese said...

These are so fun! I hope you had a wonderful birthday!!!

xoxo A
www.southernbelleintraining.com

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure