Thursday, April 14, 2022

Lately


Today is my birthday! I have to admit, I'm not huge on my birthday, but I will say, it's a great excuse to treat myself and celebrate! This morning I am going to get a massage and then tonight we are going to a restaurant that I have been dying to go to! It's near impossible to get a reservation. My husband made it months in advance! I hope it lives up to the hype! 

I mentioned in last week's lately post that I was scheduled to take Henry to the vet on Monday as he had a little growth on his lower eyelid that I was concerned about (like the size of a grain of salt. I am so glad to report it is all good!!! It's common and it's not bothering him nor causing him any harm. Phew. Glad I went to ease my mind! Afterward, I took him for a puppaccino. I am so thankful for his good health!


Tuesday, we went to the Pirates home opener game here in Pittsburgh (our MLB team) with some friends! It ended up being a gorgeous afternoon for it and it was so much fun! It reminded me how much I love my city and how nice PNC Park is! There were SO many people there. It really made the city feel alive like it hasn't felt in so long! 

Wearing: How classic is this breton Striped Tee? It's under $40 and SO soft. It's 100% cotton so I sized up to a medium to account for potential shrinkage! It also comes in navy and white and pink and white. 
Eating: I got this yogurt dill dressing from Whole Foods and it is SO good. It's just very light and fresh tasting. I love salmon and a lot of the time, for lunch, I will eat a Salmon salad. This dressing with salmon is just amazing. Also, this is so good with Mediterranean bowls. I just love it! Bonus is that there are no seed oils in it (an ingredient I am personally trying to reduce consumption of because I have read too many studies and watched too many documentaries about how bad seed oil is!). If you read the ingredients, you could also easily make this on your own at home! 

Drinking:

Reading:

Sale:
Watching: You guys have to watch Severence on Apple TV. We watched entire season (9 episodes) in a matter of days. It's definitely very odd in a science-fiction, thriller way. At some points I kept thinking 'what on earth am I watching'?! But, it's one of those shows you just want to binge because you want to know what is going on and what is going to happen. The acting is phenomenal. I really haven't seen a show as good as this in a long time! 

Loving: I got this adorable rosemary topiary at Trader Joe's for $13 and I will tell you it was a big thrill for me this week, ha!! I just love it and it goes so nicely in my Planter! I got three of these adorable terracotta Planter for the windowsill in our kitchen!
Wanting: I saw Aerin wearing this top and now I want it! I always hesitate to buy a lot of summery tops because in the summer, I tend to wear dresses more often than anything else! I also love this blue striped top so much! It looks so crisp!

Pittsburgh: Arts Fest is June 3-12th this year! I wanted to go last year but I wasn't able to make it work. I actually sent my husband down to arts fest with his mom last year on the day of his surprised birthday party that I was throwing as a distraction and to get him out of the house, ha!! So I missed it but hoping to be able to make it this year and see the city alive!!! 
Amazon Rec: I ordered this dress and just got it in the mail and I love it. It's so nice for the price. It says it runs true to size but I actually find it runs a bit small. I got a size small and am going to exchange it for a medium but tis' one of those easy, casual dresses you can throw on and wear with sneakers or sandals to look cute and comfortable in the heat! You can find more of my Amazon favorites, here!

Traveling: Although I had terrible travel luck this past weekend, I am hoping for better luck as I head to Palm Beach, Florida with my mom coming up in a few weeks! We are doing a mother-daughter trip and I can't wait! 
Smelling: I got a sample of this Gucci perfume randomly in one of my orders and WOW. I am really not a huge fan of overly floral scents but this one is just beautiful. It says that it is built around gardenias with notes of pear. It's sweet and it's strong, which I also don't normally go for but something about it is just delightful. 
Quoting: See more of my favorites, here.

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure