Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Wedding Guest Dresses

I feel like if you looked at this post, you'd think it was a simple one that I was able to put together pretty quickly. But no. I have spent countless hours going through all of my favorite websites and brands trying to find wedding guest dress options that are even remotely worth sharing. 

It is SLIM pickings out there. I have been saying that for months now and I really expected it to get better at some point but it still hasn't. There are a ton of dresses out there but most are just too casual, in my opinion, for a wedding. Most are just pretty sundresses. And can we talk about all the smocked dresses? There are like a million and one of those out there right now. Listen, I am all for a smocked dress, but I also like to wear lots of other styles!  

On the other hand, there are some truly stunning options if you're willing to spend at least $700, $800, $900++. I just know for me personally, I don't typically spend that much as a wedding guest!

So I'm really trying to keep this roundup somewhat affordable. I say somewhat because the price of dresses has skyrocketed just in general! What used to be $250 is now more like $350. Everything you see here is under $700 but I tried to keep it mostly under $400 and there are quite a few under $200. 

I also want to note that I did link some things from sites like The Outnet, Nordstrom Rack, etc. Which are discount sites so they are the things that will go quickly! 
If you'd like to continue the hunt with some more leads, here are some of my thoughts/tips...

- When gowns go on sale, they are often less costly than a regular short cocktail dress. If you aren't looking for a gown, still check out the gown section and you can actually get the gown hemmed to a cocktail length. It doesn't work on every single dress but it does for most and it's something I have done more than once before! 

- If a dress goes on sale and it is sold out in my exact size, I am willing to go up at least 2 sizes if I love it enough and the price is right. Then, I take it to the tailor. It's like getting a perfect fit! Any larger than 2 sizes, I find it's hard to keep the integrity of the dress, but up to 2 sizes, it works like a charm! 

- Just get this dress. It's STUNNING (and under $250). 

- If you are a Mother of the Bride, check out Teri Jon by Rickie Freeman. I have always admired this brand's dresses. They are very Carolina Herrera and all are under $1000 and many are under $600. 

- I truly think discount sites like Saks Off Fifth and The Outnet have better selections (and better prices). The only issue with shopping on sites like those is that sizing can always be very spotty. 

- I love Sachin and Babi. It's pricey but you can get it on sale!!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great post! Thank you so much for all of the leg work!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure