Thursday, April 21, 2022

Lately





Did you all have a great Easter (if you celebrate, of course)? We did. We go to my parent's house for Easter and extended family and friends come. My mom is the best cook and most wonderful hostess. She always sets a beautiful table and serves so much food. 

We also ended up celebrating my birthday, my Aunt Mary's birthday, and Buddy's birthday (my parent's dog) that evening as our birthdays all fell a few days before or after Easter. Buddy's was actually on Easter! My parent's rescued Buddy as a surrendered dog so they actually were able to meet Buddy's previous owners so they are lucky enough to know Buddy's exact birthday!

Do you all still do family birthday parties as adults? We do. We always go to my cousin's house for their birthdays and over to my aunt and uncles for their birthdays (etc.) and other family and friends join. It's just always been something we have done as a family and such a great tradition. 

My aunt also still gives us gifts for literally every holiday. She made all of the cousins an Easter basket and even one for my husband. We always joke that she likes him best as he always seems to suspiciously get the most candy! She does this for holidays like Halloween, too. It's adorable and she has always been so generous. 

This week, overall, was a little stressful. All good things! I just have a lot going on with projects/work and then I'm headed to Palm Beach next weekend! We are having friends over for dinner on Saturday which will be nice. I always love hosting but I need to get my act together and start thinking about the table and all of that! We are serving a Mediterranean-inspired meal with grilled shrimp and chicken and my favorite Mediterranean orzo salad, and more... some summer flavors because even though it SNOWED Monday and Tuesday, it is going to be 79 and sunny on Saturday. I cannot wait! 


Wearing: This is what I wore for Easter! A lot of you asked about the Sweater. It's from a United Kingdom brand but looks to be sold out! Hopefully, they re-stock it. I wear mine so often! 

Eating: Trying this chopped salad recipe ASAP. It sounds delightful! 

Eating II: I am telling you, Hungryroot is the best. I look forward to our deliveries every other week. We made pork carnitas bowls for dinner this week and they were soooooo good. 

Sale: Tory Burch just launched their sale. I have these placemats in blue and love them. I'm honestly tempted to get them in pink, they are so well made and fun! I also love this handbag.

Sale II: Williams Sonoma is having a really great sale on tabletop and bar. These pretty blue and white plates are a great price. 

Watching:
 I finished The Ultimatum, which is a reality show by the same people that did Love is Blind. It's on Netflix. It was the oddest concept, I kind of understand what they were going for but I felt like I was just watching a total trainwreck! I'd say don't waste your time on that one, haha!

Listening: Joy- Ben Rector. SUCH a feel-good song! Listen to the words. I love this line... 

'There for a minute, I was feeling real rough
Until I saw that what I had was enough
I didn't know that I could love it this much'

I have to admit, I'm not a huge Ben Rector fan, really. He is talented, no doubt, but something about his music... I can't put my finger on it but I've just never loved it. But I love almost all of his new 'Joy of Music' album. The song he does with Kenny G is AWESOME (I LOVE Kenny G)! I want to listen to 'Thank You' every day. It's such a pure, uplifting reminder. I think if everyone listened to this album, we might all be gentler with each other and more thankful for this life and what we have! 

Loving: I got this Ergatta water rower and I am OBSESSED. If you are on the fence about it, I'm telling you, it is the best and so worth it!!!! 
Wanting: These lemon taper candle holders are SO pretty! Just ordered this hand cream with SPF 40 in it. It has great reviews and I put on hand cream constantly so I figured I might as well be using something with sun protection in it! Brides, THIS DRESS!!!!

Pittsburgh: We went to Gi Jin for my birthday dinner in downtown Pittsburgh and it was fabulous. It's a restaurant that specializes in sushi and gin- right up my alley!

Amazon Rec: I talked about this Dress last week but forgot to share the photo! You can find more of my Amazon favorites, here!

Traveling: I'm headed to Florida on Monday on a mother/daughter trip to Palm Beach. I am so excited! My fingers and toes are crossed that I actually make it to my destination this time!!! 

Quoting: 'Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.' -Maya Angelou // See more of my favorites, here.

1 comment:

Kelly C said...

I liked Ben Rector a lot in college, and I think the thing with him is all of his music sounds exactly the same. I was listening to this new album the other day and was like hmm, sounds like the same music from 10 years ago. But anyways, LOVE LOVE LOVE the quote this week!!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure