Friday, May 6, 2022

Blue Linen Dress in Palm Beach


This is going to be a photo-heavy post, so keep scrolling! 






Blue Printed Linen Dress (runs TTS)// Straw Clutch (has longer shoulder strap)
Shop the Outfit:

I know I haven't done a Palm Beach travel guide yet, but it's coming! However, if you have never been, you must go. It's one of the most beautiful places in all of the country. I hadn't been in so many years. My uncle got married in Palm Beach and my sister and I were 'junior bridesmaids'- that is how long ago it was! 

Worth Avenue is stunning with all of the architecture and bougainvillea but it's truly all of the Vias that make it so unique and charming! Everywhere you turn there is a hidden gem. I also could not get over how perfectly manicured everything was. Not a speck of dirt out of place! The planters were something out of a magazine. Seriously, there were so many unique and gorgeous planters, I could not get over it! 

It also reminded me, like Charleston, how the south is just so much more beautiful in terms of vegetation for so much longer. I mean this is Florida so it's always like that, but even in Charleston, there were flowers and greenery abound in February! There are still just buds on the trees here in Pittsburgh and a lot of the scenery here still looks drab/gray- I feel that the cold really dragged on for too long this winter/spring so the plants haven't had a chance to really take hold yet. I love Pittsburgh and where I live but that is totally a downside to living here. I know many of you in the northeast can probably commiserate with me on this one! Spring is a time of greenery and flowers but we really don't get any of that until mid-May at the earliest. 

This Palm Beach trip also made me want to learn more about gardening and plants. I am as novice as they get! Our neighbor, Helen, was the most lovely woman ever. We grew up with her and we had a gate in the fence where we could go back and forth from our backyard to hers! Well, she was an avid gardener and very active in the Pittsburgh gardening scene and her backyard was truly something out of a fairytale. In fact, I'm pretty sure her garden was a part of the Pittsburgh garden tour! She was always out there caring for the oasis that she had created. It was something out of a Nancy Meyers movie and looking back, I feel lucky that was our view all summer long! I also feel lucky to have known Helen. I remember her always as so joyful. I think maybe you can't be miserable when your backyard looked as wonderful as hers did! My parents are really good at landscaping/gardening. Their backyard is a dream. They have put so much work into it over the years and my mom always talks about the things she learned from Helen. 

Now onto the clothes! This gorgeous Blue Printed Linen Dress was sent to me from the wonderful J.McLaughlin team. It's a beautiful printed linen and part of their May collectionJ.McLaughlin has the nicest linen things. I swear by their Britt linen button-downs. They are such high quality and last year after year. The Dress is fully lined and has a really nice wrap silhouette which is so flattering and easy to wear. I love the ruffled hem as it makes it feel more 'fun' and party-ready! This dress runs true to size, I am wearing a size small. If between sizes, I would say choose the smaller of your two sizes as this dress is easily adjusted with the wrap silhouette. 

I also have to call out this adorable Straw Clutch. I love the shape of it and the metal-lined handle. I think the structure of it makes it look more like an evening bag vs. a casual summer bag. It's very sleek and streamlined looking and is neutral so it pairs with pretty much everything. I also love that it has a shoulder strap should you need that (which sometimes I definitely do!). It's plenty spacious enough to hold a small wallet, lip gloss, phone, etc. 

Anyway, I'm already planning my trip back to Palm Beach for next year while it is still cold and gray here in Pittsburgh. It was the dose of warmth and color and lushness that I needed!!! 

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure