Thursday, May 5, 2022

Lately

Flowers I got this week! 

A pretty evening shot of Via Mizner from last week! 

Are you all having a great week? It is back to reality for me after the absolute best mother/daughter trip to Palm Beach, Florida last week. It seems like we *finally* might be out of the winter woods here in Pittsburgh. While we were in Palm Beach, my husband said there were snow flurries so I'm just hoping it stays above 60 degrees for the rest of this month! We actually had a crazy thunderstorm on Tuesday... there was a tornado warning and everything (which is not common in Pittsburgh), it was wild there for a solid 20 minutes! 

I have felt a little crazed this week playing catch-up on work and life but all is well. 

Today we are off to the John Mayer concert. I am so excited, I have always wanted to see JM in concert!! Saturday I am headed to a hat luncheon to benefit Pittsburgh Parks Conservancy and then afterward, my aunt has a derby party every year and it also happens to fall on my cousin's birthday weekend so it's a Derby/Birthday party hybrid and is always so much fun! My sister will actually be in town for it this year which is amazing. She will be here for 2+ weeks leading up to their wedding so I am thrilled to have her here for so long! Then, Sunday we are hosting Mother's Day dinner. Yum! 

Late next week, family will start trickling in for my sister's wedding and also for my Grammmie's 96th birthday! Then, it will be Callie's wedding! After that, I head to Mackinac Island for a fun work trip to close out May. This is a BUSY month, with lots of fun happening. 

Wearing: I shared these shorts on Instagram already. I saw someone at our hotel last week wearing these shorts and I knew exactly what they were because I had been eyeing them since January. Seeing them in person, I ordered them within 10 minutes! They are so easy-breezy effortless chic. I love the print, I actually have this print in the dress, too! Anyway, these feel like pajama shorts. They have an elastic waist but the flowy (but still crisp) fabric makes them look dressier! They are pricey... they might be the most I have ever spent on shorts before but I am so pleased with my purchase! 


Watching:
 Did you all watch the season finale of Summer House? I think this season was SO good. It's one of my favorite Bravo shows. I am excited to watch the reunion! Another reality TV show I am excited about it Welcome to Plathville (on TLC) which comes back May 17th. It's such a bad reality TV show but I love it!

Listening: Obsessed with the song Mariella by Texas Moon and Leon Bridges. I've literally played this song 3-4 times in a row over the past few weeks, it's just beautiful. It sounds very peaceful, calm, sleepy, almost... but upbeat at the same time. To me, this sounds like after friends leave from a dinner party and my husband and I are having a glass of wine and cleaning up the kitchen together. So specific but so wild how music can make you feel things like that- true art!!!

Loving: I have been reading that you need mineral sunscreen to be fully protected from the sun. I have mineral body sunscreens but have never loved them because of the white cast that they leave. I just got this one for my face and it does not leave a white cast AT ALL. It's a little more watery than typical face sunscreens but it's really nice and lightweight. I will be glad to have this all summer long! I will likely wear it when I am outside for longer periods of time and rely on my chemical sunscreens for under makeup with daily use. You just have to remember to reapply the mineral sunscreens often because they are not typically water-resistant or sweatproof like some chemical sunscreens can be. Speaking of sun protection, I also just got a headband visor from our country club to wear on walks with Henry. I will sometimes wear baseball hats but only if I'm OK with my hair being flattened. The visor is not really attractive but it shades my face without messing up my hair so I consider that a win. The visor looks something like this!

Loving II: I am just dying over this new Herend figurine. SO cute. 

Wanting: This is the cutest dress EVER. Oh my goodness, I have not seen something so classic and fun out in a long time! It has such a good vintage vibe- very Samatha Stevens, don't you think?

Wanting II: I saw this brand J. Marie when I was in C.Orrico, which is a cute shop in Palm Beach and I fell in love with it. Everything was super affordable (most things under $150!). 
Amazon Rec: Just ordered this candle for summer, it sounds right up my alley! You can find more of my Amazon favorites, here!

Quoting: Two priceless gifts: Time and Attention // See more of my favorites, here.

2 comments:

Molly said...

Mackinac Island is one of my favorite places in the world. I hope you have a wonderful time!

V said...

Ahhh enjoy Mackinac Island!! Hopefully you are stopping at the Grand Hotel

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure