Thursday, June 23, 2022

Lately



Are you all having a good week? This has been a pretty low-key week for us which has been nice- a quintessential summer week at home. We grilled some burgers, chopped up some watermelon, went on lots of walks, etc. 

Tonight I'm getting together with some girlfriends I haven't seen in quite a while which will be great and then this weekend we are going to dinner with some friends. I'm hoping to also get a few things around the house checked off my to-do list. 

Late last week, my sister came to town for her sister-in-law's baby shower! It was so nice to have her home. We went to dinner at Noodlehead (a personal favorite of mine). On a whim, we stopped by my cousin's cute new apartment in Shadyside! He is the baby of the cousins so it was so crazy to see him living on his own in an apartment! I forever think of him as a baby!! We then all went to Mardi Gras for their famous hurricanes. Listen, Marid Gras is an experience and it was wholly aggressive for a Thursday but we had such a fun time. One of those nights that turns into such a good memory. 

We walked out to the craziest sky. It was something like out of an episode of Stranger Things. It was part beautiful but the lighting and the way the clouds hung so low felt really eerie. You know in scary movies when something crazy is about to happen and the camera pans to houses with the neighbors all coming outside to their front yards? It literally felt like we were living that because everyone was outside looking up at the sky! Turns out they are called Mammatus clouds and they are super rare. They typically signal that a bad storm is coming or just passed. Luckily, we were spared! 
And as you know from Monday's blog post, I played in the Father/Daughter golf outing with my dad and then Sunday, we closed out the weekend with a BBQ dinner at my parent's house to celebrate Father's Day! Look how cute this photo is of my Grammie and Henry! He LOVES my Grammie. The photo at the top of this post is what I wore to Father's Day dinner! 


Wearing: I just rediscovered my love for this hair mask. It is SO hydrating. My hair can use all the moisture after I get it highlighted so whenever I wash my hair right after getting highlights, I use this! It helps so much with keeping my hair shiny and hydrated. I also bring it with me to the lake or beach and when I go in the water, I get my hair wet, get out and put this in my hair and let it 'bake' into my hair in the sun. 
Eating: I got this hummus at Whole Foods recently and love it. I typically love the honey habanero in this brand but they were sold out of it so I snagged this smoked white bean hummus and it's delicious. The smokiness is just so different!
Sale: These napkins are so cute and so well priced (on sale) for a set of 4!! I also love this tablecloth well under $100! Perfect for summer entertaining. 

Sale II: Matches is my go-to for the best sales on designer things. They are not always having a sale, but when they do, they have the best discounts compared to any other department store. I love this jacket, this cable sweater, this cute patchwork jacket, Frame jeans over 50% off, so many good Herno puffers on sale, lots of Agua by Agua Bendita on sale, too. 

Watching:
 Have you all watched anything good lately? As I mentioned last week, we finished the most recent season of Stranger Things which was SO good and we are anxiously awaiting part II that comes out on July 1st! But in the meantime, we don't have anything to watch! I love having a show to watch here and there when we have downtime so I have been looking for some recommendations! 

Listening: This 'All Out 70s' playlist on Spotify is so good! It has so many of my favorites on it! 

Loving: Omg. This entire collection of blue and white lighting. SO unique! I also have been loving this soothing lotion. Do you all dermaplane? I do it every few weeks and my skin always needs something soothing right after and this has been my go-to for that! It helps so much! 
Loving II: The Pamela Munson x Shumacher collaboration is to die for!!!!! I love them all but I think the pink hydrangea drape is my favorite! 
Wanting: This is such a gorgeous white dress! If you have a beach house, these crab glasses are adorable! I also love this lightweight silk/cashmere blend wrap for warmer evenings where you still need a little something over your shoulders but not something as heavy as full-on cashmere! I also think the sheen is very elegant looking! 
Amazon Rec: These earrings are under $20 and I love them. For the price, the quality is actually not bad and they are a classic, dressier earring! I think these would be perfect to gift your bridesmaids to wear on your wedding day! You can find more of my Amazon favorites, here!

Smelling: I'm definitely jumping ahead here with this recommendation but it's currently 25% off so it's worth the mention. One of my favorite fall candle scents is autumn plum by Nest and right now it's just $33 with code FAMILY25. My current favorite scent that I have been burning (also on sale) is Cedar Leaf and Lavender (it's least $$ on Amazon so that's why I linked to it there).

Quoting: One day, the mountain that is in front of you will be so far behind you, it will barely be visible in the distance. But the person you become in learning to get over it? That will stay with you forever. And that is the point of the mountain.” - Brianna Wiest // See more of my favorites, here.

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure