Friday, July 29, 2022

A New Favorite Hat

Orvis The Ultimate Straw Hat

Orvis The Ultimate Straw Hat

Orvis The Ultimate Straw Hat

Orvis The Ultimate Straw Hat

Orvis The Ultimate Straw Hat

Orvis The Ultimate Straw Hat

Orvis The Ultimate Straw Hat
Shop the Outfit:
Coming at you this Friday with a classic old-school outfit post! I feel like I haven't done one of these in quite a while!

We are at the lake right now so I've been wearing this Floral Caftan as a swimsuit coverup. I've worn it before as an actual dress- it's the perfect thing for the heat as the fabric is lightweight and none of the fabric sticks to any part of your body so it's just really light and flowy. It's so welcome here in Georgia. We have been coming here for 25ish years and I feel like it has been much hotter and more humid now than it has been in some of the past years. Some days I don't even want to go outside! I am so not a hot weather gal- I'd much prefer 30 degrees to 90 degrees. 

As far as sizing goes, this is a caftan so it's just naturally meant to fit very roomy, keep that in mind! I am wearing a size small which is my true size. 

The real highlight of this outfit, though, is this Straw Hat. I am not a big hat person. In fact, this winter was the first time I actually ever bought a 'fashion' hat. Something about hats has always just seemed 'over accessorized' to me. I mean I wear baseball caps with athletic clothes but other than that, I've literally never worn a hat.

Then, the past few summers, I started wearing straw hats less for fashion and more to shade my face from the sun. But I've started to like them more and more. 

I tried this hat on in the store and fell in love with it. They didn't have the right size for me in the store but my parents were with me in the store and encouraged me to get it because they said it looked great on me! So I ended up ordering it online. It's actually a men's hat but there really isn't anything overly manly about it- it's just a really nicely made, classic-looking hat. I'm so happy with it and I feel so chic when I wear it! 

The sizing starts a medium and that's the size I got. It comes with little foam pads that have a sticky back and I might eventually add those in but haven't really felt the need to yet. I would say I have an average-sized head for a grown woman- honestly not sure, though! 

Anyway, I totally recommend this Straw Hat. I think you'll notice me wearing them a lot more in the months and years to come! 

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure