Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Transitional Floral Sundress




Shop the Outfit:
This past weekend, my husband and I visited the Old Edwards Inn located in Highlands, North Carolina to celebrate our one-year wedding anniversary! We had the absolute best time. I love the Highlands area and OEI. 

We checked in early and had lunch at their Wine Garden which is a pretty outdoor seating area off of the main restaurant at the Inn, then we headed to the rooftop garden, which we didn't get a chance to see when we were here last year. Then we lounged by the pool for a bit before we headed back to our cottage to get ready for our dinner reservation. It was such a relaxed, fun day. 


I wore this Floral Sundress which was the perfect thing for the day. It was comfortable and easy to wear but also felt dressed up! I got several compliments from total strangers about the dress. A floral dress is a dime a dozen, but I really feel that this one is unique in terms of the colors used in the floral pattern. There is olive green, dark brown, lighter brown, and even teal blue. It's honestly such an odd mix but when they are all together, it creates the prettiest pattern. The background is a very pale pink so the floral design really pops.

I will totally wear this in the fall with tall suede boots (something like these) and then top it with either a dark brown or olive cardigan (something like this but I don't think the brown is exactly right). I think it would look SO cute styled like this. I could definitely see this dress worn at an even like fall Keeneland or something like an Octoberfest party. 

When I shared this dress on Instagram, I had quite a few people ask if they think it's wedding guest appropriate and I would say yes for a more casual wedding it could be the perfect thing. The dress is a cotton-type fabric but it does have a subtle sheen to it that I think elevates it a bit. 

I got a size small and I would say it's pretty true to size. It's really flowy. I think you could and also, should size down if you want to wear it for a fancier occasion so it is slightly more fitted in the top portion!

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure