Tuesday, September 27, 2022

A Weekend in Charlotte, North Carolina

This past weekend my husband and I headed to Charlotte, North Carolina to visit my sister and brother-in-law! I love visiting them and love Charlotte. It is such a pretty area with so many great bars and restaurants and I love looking at all of the beautiful homes. I swear everyone is dressed so well!

We started off the evening hanging out at their house snacking on the most beautiful meat and cheese plate from The Culture Shop and enjoying a glass of wine or two. 




Necklace (on sale!)// Shoes
Handbag (Kate Middleton is also a fan of this brand!)

I wore this gorgeous cashmere sweater and faux leather skirt that the new-to-me brand, Cartolina Nantucket sent me! The brand was founded in Nantucket and is female-owned and operated. The pieces are sewn by hand right here in the USA in Los Angeles in small batches. 

The cashmere sweater is nice and lofty and cut in a classic crewneck style. I am wearing a size XS so I would suggest sizing down. There are a few cashmere colors to choose from. In the skirt, I sized up to a medium. The skirt is very stretchy so you don't really need to worry about the fit through the waist and hips but I sized up hoping that the length would be right on me and it was just perfect! 

Carolina Nantucket was generous enough to provide me with a code to share with all of you. You can take $50 off of your purchase using code SYDNEY50!


We headed out for drinks and dinner at Supperland which is a newer restaurant in Charlotte specializing in upscale southern comfort food with things on the menu like Corn Salad, Chicken, Pot Roast, etc. They also had an extensive cocktail list with really unique and inventive mixtures. This restaurant just got a huge accolade from Bon Appetit Magazine as one of the top 10 best new restaurants in the entire country! 




The next morning, we grabbed a coffee and breakfast sandwich and then headed over to Quail Hollow Club for the President's Cup which is a golf tournament. 

The weather for the day could not have been better. It started off cool in the morning and then warmed up in the afternoon but never got sweltering. Nothing but blue skies and sun! It was all so well done, I loved the people watching for outfit inspo! They had so many great food stands and lots of drinks and cocktail options. All-in-all it was such a great day! 


I wore this Dress. I've had it for a few years now. It's my go-to for this time of year because the color says 'fall' and can be styled in many different ways. Also, if you are on the fence about these white Tennis Shoes, this is your sign to get them. I got them back in March and have worn them SO much it's crazy. They are unbelievably comfortable and I love that they have a slim profile to them which makes them look dressier/daintier, in my opinion. Also, this Red Bag was the perfect thing to wear because they had a small bag policy! 

After the tournament, we were off to Optimist Hall, which is a really cool food hall with tons of different vendors. I have been a few times now and love it there! They have an adorable little dog shop there and I am always sure to grab something to bring home to Henry! 

The next morning we grabbed some more coffee and breakfast sandwiches and then we headed back to Pittsburgh. It was such a fun and enjoyable weekend and always so nice to be with my sister and brother-in-law! 

1 comment:

Annaliese said...

What a fun weekend! I went to college in Charlotte and lived there for a year after- it's just the BEST!! :)

xoxo A
www.southernbelleintraining.com

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure