Thursday, September 8, 2022

Lately


Our little puffer fish souvenir from Cinque Terre settling in nicely here in Pittsburgh. 

This might have been the fastest week ever. I can't believe tomorrow is Friday. I love an abbreviated week! 

We got back from our trip late Monday night. Let me tell you- it was the trip of a lifetime, we had an absolute blast BUT I have to say I am so glad to be home. I love to travel and have new experiences but I also love my routine and my dog and my house and my bed. I feel so grateful to have so much to come home to! 

My biggest tip for when you are gone for a long time is to have your bed pre-made with fresh lines. To have gotten home, showered, and into a bed with fresh linens, was just pure bliss. I was SO tired and it just made everything that much easier and more enjoyable. I am the kind of person that likes to prep ahead as much as humanly possible to make the future better, ha! 

You could probably guess what I have been doing since we have been home: unpacking, laundry, catching up on work, planning for this fall season, working on my travel guides, and prepping for Q4. I did not open my computer once while I was away which is honestly shocking for me. It felt really good but I'm also glad I worked and planned ahead because there was truly no time to be working with all that we did! The jet lag coming home (or I guess, going west) is always better, in my opinion, because I've actually really loved that I want to go to bed at 9pm and wake up at 6am. I accomplish so much from about 6-9am, it's crazy and I am so here for it. 

I am SO excited autumn is here (well not officially, but after Labor Day is good enough for me!). We have a quick weekend trip planned for September and I have two brief trips for October but other than that we are staying put and I'm really hoping to enjoy the fall season here in Pittsburgh. It is so beautiful here in Western Pennsylvania in the fall and there is always so much going on. September through December is my favorite time of year and I just want to savor every single second of it because it always goes by too fast. 

Black Dress (just $25!)// Sandals (look like Hermes for way less)
Hair Scarf// Sunglasses (mine are A2 tortoise)
Wearing: This Black Dress is such a find! It's only $25 and looks so chic. I would suggest sizing down at least one size as it runs large. It's just really classic and simple. It can be dressed up or down. You can definitely wear it into the early fall season! 
Drinking: I love hot tea. I had this Dammann Freres tea while in Rome and had to take a photo of it. It's Darjeeling and it was one of the best teas I have ever tasted. It was so full bodied! It's a little pricey in terms of tea, but it's one of those 'little joys' type of thing that is worth the splurge. 

Watching: I caught up on Southern Charm on one of our flights and I think this season is so good. It seems much more staged than past seasons, but I am still enjoying it. I also watched When Harry Met Sally and if you want to get yourself into a fall mood, this is totally the movie to watch. It is one of my favorite movies of all time I hadn't watched it in quite some time and I could just gush over that movie all day! The clothes, the acting, the chemistry between Meg Ryan and Billy Crystal, the cinematography!!! It is all just SO good. 

Listening: This is so odd but somehow I found this 'calming dog jazz' playlist on Spotify and it's so good for background music in the evenings! 
Loving: I don't think I have taken a trip without this valet tray since I got it last year. It is so simple and yet it improves my travel experience tenfold. Whether in a hotel, someone's home, an Airbnb, etc, this thing is perfect for sitting on a bedside table. I usually put my jewelry in there at the end of the night or before I shower. I also will keep things like hand cream, cuticle oil, and lip balm which are items I usually keep in my bedside table at home. You can find these anywhere online and I actually bought a cheap one on Amazon before I bought this. This one is so elegant-looking compared to the Amazon one. It's just beautiful and makes me feel sophisticated and somewhat organized when I travel. Would make a great gift around the holiday season. 
Wanting: Oh my goodness, this coat!!!!!!! And how about these tweed and pearl ballet flats?! Perfection! Ohhh and this beautiful houndstooth tote. In love with this fall palette of chintz

Amazon Rec: This belt bag (aka fanny pack) was great for our Italy trip. My husband carried it (around his shoulder, not as an actual fanny pack, ha) and it held all of our essentials. It looks so nice for the price- nicer than the Lulu ones, in my opinion! You can find more of my Amazon favorites, here!
Smelling: Acqua di Parma Arancia di Capri might just be my favorite scent ever. It was in our hotel in Rome at the St. Regis and I can't stop thinking about it! It's definitely spring/summer in terms of scent because it's light and citrusy but wow it's amazing. 

Traveling: Our September weekend trip will be to Charlotte to visit my sister and brother-in-law and go to a golf tournament. It will be so much fun! I haven't been to visit since March since this spring/summer she came to Pittsburgh so much! 

Quoting: 'Keep some room in your heart for the unimaginable.' Mary Oliver // See more of my favorites, here.

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure