Friday, September 9, 2022

Outfits I Wore In Europe


Today I am sharing a link roundup to all of the things that I wore in Europe. Many of them are probably irrelevant because they are summery and we are headed into fall but also, on top of that, many of these pieces are sold out. But, I figured I would share in case you have a trip planned for next year and will be looking for inspiration in the future! 

This first tweed dress is something that I bought the second it was released. It sold out fairly fast but I am seeing that it will be restocked in October! I will keep an eye out and alert you all when I see it pop back up because this dress is SO good. I brought it with me on my trip thinking I would wear it in Rome but the heavy tweed was just far too warm to wear in Rome. It was around 95 degrees most days and so I ended up wearing it on our cruise to dinner on our last night. It was not really the right place for this dress as this was a Mediterranean cruise and everyone was in flowy summer dresses, but I didn't mind, I was just itching to wear it! 

Anyway, I am wearing a size small. It runs true to size but is roomy so size down if you want a closer fit. It's only really fitted in the shoulders, otherwise, around the hips, it has more of an a-line/swing fit. It comes in red which I'd also love to have. This dress is just so me and it's so hard to find something so classic like this! 

Also, did you all hear that ballet flats are back in style? Here's me on TikTok seeing 'the news' and I'm sitting there scratching my head... aren't ballet flats one of the most classic shoes you can wear?!!?!? They never went out of style?! They never go out of style!!! 





Shorts (sold out)// White Sneakers

These shorts that I am wearing are sadly sold out. I think they truly might be one of the most worn things in my closet of all time. I LOVE these shorts. I love the colors, the print, the fit, the comfort... everything about these shorts is just perfect to me. 

But my biggest highlight is this $15ish White Crewneck Tee. It is so soft and I just love the fit and the nice tight crewneck. It's 100% cotton. I have 3 sizes: small, medium, and large. I wear the small to layer underneath things, the medium as an everyday tee, and then the large as a more casual, relaxed fit. I am wearing a medium in these photos and it has been dried in a dryer. 

Also, I brought both my Veja sneakers and these White Sneakers. I ended up never wearing the Vejas. I saw them on people everywhere all over Europe but I find my Rothy's far more comfortable and I like that they look slimmer on my foot so they feel a little 'dressier'. 


Dress// Sunglasses (under $15)// Sandals
My dress is only $30, my sunglasses are under $15, and my sandals are Hermes lookalikes for under $200 (real leather). These were my most-worn sandals on the trip because they are so incredibly comfortable. I walked 20k steps in them at a time. And the sunglasses were my most-worn sunglasses. They made me feel stylish! 

Swimsuit Coverup (can be worn as a dress using a slip)// Hat

I love this swimsuit coverup- I felt like I fit in while on the beaches we visited as many people were wearing flowy gauzy/linen things in neutral colors. I ended up changing out of my swimsuit once we got back on the boat and put a slip on underneath this dress to have a sunset cocktail. The slip is under $20 and comfortable. I got this hat to toss into my suitcase. I didn't wat to ruin any of my nice hats by getting them smooshed so I bought this inexpensive one and didn't mind if it got ruined. It held its shape nicely and was easy to pack. 

This is such a pretty dress. I love the mix of blues and prints. It feels elegant but casual at the same time. I definitely think you could still wear this in September. I am wearing a size small. 


This is a fully-lined linen dress that is so easy to wear. I wore it walking around Rome and then to travel in via car from Rome to the port.


I just love this sundress. It is lightweight and it reminds me a bit of Laura Ashley when it comes to the mixed floral prints and the pastel colors. The back is what really caught my eye. I am wearing a small. 


This white linen pleated skirt reminds me of my cheerleading days! It's so cute. I have always loved a fuller skirt and this one is really nice quality. Right now, it's on sale and under $20!

I'm not a nightgown person but this nightgown is changing my mind. It is SO comfortable and I wore it often to lounge or while I was getting ready to do my hair and makeup. I love it and now I want more! I'm wearing a size small.

This outfit is mostly sold out but I wanted to talk about the bag I carried most as I received many questions about this bag. It's the Louis Vuitton Favorite MM. I bought this in the NYC store in 2016, I think, and they have since discontinued the style. It was named the favorite because it was one of their best sellers. I know they are now selling the style in leather. I read somewhere, and now I can't remember where that Louis Vuitton is starting to slowly step away from the monogrammed canvas and focus more on their leather styles. Hence whey they are discontinuing many of the popular styles. I honestly think it's a smart move for them from a business and branding perspective. I think they want to be seen as a higher-end, more exclusive luxury brand, and everyone and their mother has the Louis Vuitton Neverfull. A lot of their canvas styles are moderately priced and make them attainable for many more consumers than brands like Chanel and Hermes. Have you all heard anything like that? I actually don't wear this bad a ton day-to-day but it is truly the perfect bag for traveling or sporting events or anything where you need a little more room but also want a crossbody. I do think the coated canvas is brilliant for travel because it's lighter in weight compared to leather and much easier to care for. I love that the long leather strap can be removed or just tucked inside of the bag and then you can use it as a clutch or use the short metal chain strap as an evening bag. I actually really love this Marceau style. It looks to be a more structured, slightly larger in size style than my bag.  Also, in terms of LV, my little key holder wallet is still going strong 10+ years later. It is the only wallet I have used every single day for over 10 years. I love it and will never get rid of it unless it literally falls apart. It's $325 now. I think when I bought it, it was $225!

This bag is what I am highlighting with this outfit as the dress is Caroline Constas and sold out. I had originally bought and wore it to our day-after wedding brunch! Anyway, the pound to dollar is getting closer to 1:1 (as of writing it is 1 to 1.15- the lowest since 1985!!!) so now is really the time to order yourself one of these bags...or travel to London, ha!!! You can use code LUXE20 for 20% off! You can read my full review on the bag, here

I used this cashmere travel wrap on the flight as a blanket and then as a wrap over dresses in the evenings in air conditioning. I share this wrap year after year and it's one of my favorite things in my closet and gets so much use! 

Dress (also here and here and here)

You all have seen me in this dress a ton over the summer. I originally bought it for my sister's rehearsal dinner and it was the perfect thing for that but have since worn it on many occasions. I just cannot get enough of this print. I want it as upholstery in my home or as wallpaper! 


Chanel Ballet Flats

If you buy one thing out of this entire post, it should be this black dress. It's linen, but in black you could totally wear this through Ocotber. I love the cut and style of this dress, it's so simple and elegant and classic. It's well-made and I will surely have this in my closet for many years to come. I typically wear a 4 in this brand and sized up to a 6. I find it to run small in the chest area. 


Black Dress (just $25!)// Sandals (look like Hermes for way less)
Hair Scarf// Sunglasses (mine are A2 tortoise)

This Black Dress is such a find! It's only $25 and looks so chic. I would suggest sizing down at least one size as it runs large. It's just really classic and simple. It can be dressed up or down. You can definitely wear it into the early fall season! 

I've worn this as a dress out to dinner and as a swimsuit coverup. It just works for everything and as most caftans are, it is so comfortable! I love the print and colors. It runs true to size, I am wearing a size small. This is a caftan so it's very roomy- if you'd like something a little closer to the body, size down, but again, this is meant to fit flowy and loose. 

Scarf is Hermes cashmere shawl

This dress comes in 7 different color options and would be a perfect more casual fall wedding guest dress. It is comfortable and elegant and simple. A great find at under $100. I am wearing a size small. 

This dress is sold out in this particular print but comes in two other beautiful colors and prints. I wore this dress so much since I got it in April. It's smocked so it's just so comfortable and easy to throw on. It is full lined and of great quality. the smocking is decently tight so it's nice that it holds you in and I don't wear a bra with it. I am wearing a size small. It runs true to size. 




This dress is almost sold out which is so sad because you could wear this well into October!! I plan on wearing it as the temperature dips with tall brown suede boots and a chunky cardigan! But I thought I would share these photos because I woke up at 6am to get to the Trevi fountain to get no one in my photos, ha!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sydney, glad you had a wonderful vacation and that you made it home safe & sound! May I ask, what is the nail polish that you are wearing in your photos? It doesn't quite look like your favorite OPI Bubblebath, and I was wondering what it is? I love all shades of sheer pink polish and that looks like such a lovely color!

Sydney Carver Snyder said...

Hi!! Thank you so much! My nail polish is something new for me. If you Google ‘hailey Bieber nails’ or ‘glazed donut’ nails, that is what I got done! It was a very pale pink dip polish as the base and then they put this pearlized looking powder on top to give it a chrome-like shine! They sealed it with gel. I really liked the effect- it’s trendy right now but I think it feels classic at the same time! I am so sorry I don’t know the exact colors or products that were used but I bet if you go to your salon and ask for hailey Bieber nails, they’ll know exactly what you’re talking about!!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure