Thursday, September 29, 2022

Lately

oliphant CINCHED PINTUCK MAXI- FLORENCE PETAL
Sweater Jacket// Dress (use code SYDNEY15 for 15% off)

How is everyone's week going so far? It has been downright chilly here in Pittsburgh! Part of me loves it because I am able to wear all of my new and old favorite fall things! I even pulled my boots out this week!

Speaking of weather, I've been praying and thinking of you all in Florida and the other areas in hurricane Ian's path. My husband's aunt and uncle live on the western coast, unfortuantely right where the hurricane hit. We are supposed to go visit in December. I am praying for continued safety for the first responders, linemen, rescuers, medical staff, and good samaritans, and also for renewed strength for everyone to come together and rebuild.

This week has been very average/normal. I actually was called for jury duty yesterday. I ended up going in for 2 hours. I have never done jury duty and so I walked in, sat down in a room with a lot of people, and literally just sat there for two hours. Someone finally came into the room and said our service was done because they had no cases for us and we were dismissed! So I definitely did not get the whole jury duty experience!

Update on Henry from last week: Hia stomach has been fine which is so great. I talked to our vet and they told me I didn't need to bring him in if he stopped having stomach issues. He definitely could have eaten something weird or just had a little but but he has been licking his paws a ton lately. The vet said that fall allergies are really had here in Pittsburgh right now and not to worry as long as he is not licking his paws raw. They told me I could give him benadryl, which I've done in the past so I've been doing that sparingly as needed. He has his yearly vet appointment scheduled less than 2 weeks away so I feel good that he will be seen soon just to double check that he is fine! He seems 100% fine/normal so that makes me feel good! 

Q4 is about to begin and that's always the busiest season for me as a content creator/influencer. I live for this time period because it's SO fun and there is always so much to share! 

Wearing: We went out to dinner last night and this is what I wore (photo at top of post)! Like I said, it is chilly here so I broke out my tall suede boots that I got last year and this new cardigan and dress. One thing I love about dresses like this is that you can literally wear this type of long dress with leggings underneath if you live in a cooler climate and no one would ever know! Also, I got this sweater jacket in camel last year and loved it so much. It is SO soft and cozy but is a little more structured than your average cardigan so I think it has a polished look! Oliphant is a new-to-me brand and I love this dress that they sent me. They gave me a code to share with you all where you can use code SYDNEY15 for 15% off. I am wearing a small in the dress and would say it runs true to size. I am 5'6" for length reference! 

Eating: I got to try out the viral mini croissant cereal because I got a box in a PR package and omg it was SO good! 

Sale: Lots of men's Smathers and Branson needlepoint belts on sale, some even under $100! I got my husband one to save and give him for Christmas and my momt got one for my dad. They love these belts!

j.crew new arrivals october 2022
Loving: J.Crew just launched some new arrivals and I'm loving them! They are offering 30% off select full-priced items with code SHOPNOW.
Wanting: It started to get cold here and I don't know how but I forgot what the cold was like! I love this temperature where you have to wear a heavy pullover. I saw this fleece jacket and I just love the print on it!! 

Amazon Rec: Did you catch my Amazon finds post from Monday? I rounded up 20 finds that I have and love, including this sweater I have been wearing non-stop! You can find more of my Amazon favorites, here!

Traveling: My next trip is off to the Inns of Aurora with my mom! It's a work trip for a fun project I'm working on that I will be sharing in later October and early November so stay tuned! I feel so truly lucky that I can bring my mom on things like this. I've said this before but I love my mom so much and I feel so thankful that she is able to be a part of my job. I'm also so thankful for her because the amount she helps me with my job is unbelievable. She is so selfless and my biggest cheerleader. I couldn't do all of this without her! 

Quoting: 'Someone who wants to lead the orchestra must turn their back to the crowd' // See more of my favorites, here.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Sydney,
Just got a a look at the Talbots Holiday Look Book!
OMG! Best in years, there are many items I believe have your name on them.
Have a great evening and weekend . I look forward to your posts everyday.
Karen

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure