Wednesday, October 5, 2022

5 Random Items I Highly Recommend

Small Silver Bowls (currently on sale 25% off)

I have a set of 5 mini silver bowls- they look like Paul Revere bowls but are small. I got them at an estate sale a few years ago and they don't have any markings on them. I use them ALL of the time. They hold condiments, bar snacks, jewelry, cosmetics in the bathroom, etc. They are so beautiful and useful. I found this trio which look very similar to the ones that I have and luckily right now, they are on sale for 25% off. 
crest whitestrips
I just touched up my teeth this week which reminded me to share these with you all. I've talked about them a bunch. I don't use them as directed. I use for a night or two and then don't use them again for a few months. I 'touch up' rather than do one big whitening! People always ask if these bother my teeth or make them sensitive. They do not bother me at all but they do bother my husband so he uses a sensitive version! 
merti bronze balm


This is my first Merit product and I LOVE it. Merit is a clean beauty brand and I find their prices to be really reasonable compared to other brands out there. This is a cream bronzer in stick form. I wear the shade clay. I use a lot of Westman Atelier products and love them. I would say this could be most compared to their contour stick but it's different. The contour stick that I have from WA is cooler in tone. It's definitely more for that contoured look whereas this feels a little more natural and has that warmer, more sunkissed look. It's hard to contour with this because the application glides on like the smoothest pen you've ever used. It just melts into my face making it one of the most blendable products I have ever used. It has a very natural look to it because it blends so well. I also really appreciate that the packaging is beautiful and lightweight. I love Westman Atelier's packaging but it is SO heavy which can be frustrating when traveling. This packaging is sleek and pretty while also not adding weight! Overall, I would highly recommend this. I want to try out some of their other products now! They have this 5-minute set that includes so many of their products and it's $170 for 7 products. It breaks down to about $25 per item. 



hollister gilly hicks seamless underwear

This underwear made my August favorites list but I really think it deserves more time in the spotlight! I used to get my underwear from Victoria's Secret and then the fabric felt cheap at one point and I then moved to Aerie. Well, the fit on my go-to Aerie underwear has changed and the fabric feels thinner to me. I am not kidding you when I say I went through every pair of underwear on the internet reading reviews and trying to figure out a good one that wasn't like $45 for one pair. You are never going to guess where these are from but I LOVE them. They're nicer than my Aerie or VS ever was!!!! I wear my usual size small. I got 10 pairs because I love them that much... the cost is only 5 for $15! It's hard to find that price at Target even!! 
I was sent this cream a few months ago. I have always wondered about this cream but it is really pricey and part of me didn't want to shell out for it because if I ended up loving it, I would then end up emptying my pockets for it. Well that is EXACTLY what happened. This cream is incredible. I didn't want to like it. I really didn't. I started using it on our trip to Europe. I thought my skin was great before, but this cream made my skin look so clear and radiant and I feel like my pores even looked smaller. Even my husband sai something about my skin, which he is not one to notice skin! This cream was created by a stem cell scientist and researcher that has spent 30 years researching how the body is able to heal, specifically for burn patients. He then developed this a hydrogel using a proprietary TFC8 that he discovered during his research. This product helped some burn patients forgo a skingraft all together. Crazy. Anyway, the TFC8 is in this cream. The big bottle is literally $280. I know!!!!! I use a very small amount each night and morning. It's called rich cream but I feel that it is lightweight enough even for under makeup. Because I use so little, I think one bottle will last me maybe 4 or 5 months. I will report back. I guess if you break it down monthly, it would be like $56... LOL at me trying to justify this. But seriously, I will likely buy it once I am out. 

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure