Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Halloween Costume Idea: Eloise At The Plaza

Halloween Costume Idea: Eloise At The Plaza

Halloween Costume Idea: Eloise At The Plaza

With Halloween a little more than a month away, I thought I would re-share this rawther fabulous Halloween costume idea I put together last year! You can see my fun little video here

I posted this a bit late last year, so I wanted to give you a full month ahead if you want to recreate this for yourself! I got all of the stuff for this costume from Amazon (I already had the pajamas) so it was quick and easy to get it all together. 

My mostly companion, Henry, claimed Skiperdee Turtle as his own, and he is now long gone! If you click on Skiperdee, you can see all sorts of plush Eloise toys and even Weenie! I would have died over all of that as a kid, so if you're looking for a girly gift for a child for the holidays or a birthday, this might be a great idea! 

If you want to get an Eloise-something for yourself, I have this 'ultimate' book, which is all of the Eloise books in one big book that makes a great coffee table book! I always give this board book as a shower gift if someone is having a girl! 

A note about the Skirt. It's a children's skirt, but it fits me like a size small or size 4 skirt would fit, ha! I ordered it on a whim, hoping it might fit- it's really stretchy and plenty long enough on me. If that doesn't work for you, you could just order a plain black skirt and use black ribbon for the suspender portion. They also have stretchy suspenders on Amazon, but I think the ribbon would look more 'authentic.' 

The red bow is just ribbon I tied onto a headband, but if you want an actual headband, this looks like it could be a good option! 

If you don't know of Eloise, it is a children's story written and illustrated by Kay Thompson and Hilary Knight in the late 1950s. Eloise is a 6-year-old girl living in the Plaza Hotel with her nanny, a turtle named Skiperdee, and a pug named Weenie. The stories follow all of Eloise's misadventures in the Plaza Hotel. 

The movie came out in the early 2000s, and I ate it all up! I love Eloise's wild and free spirit, the doses of pink in the illustrations, and the fabulous lifestyle of a mere 6-year-old! It's all fun and whimsical, and I always say she is my 'spirit animal.' As an adult, I think Eloise would eat Taco Bell off of Herend china, just like me.

Honestly, the outfit she wears is pretty darn easy to recreate! As a grown woman, I look quite silly in it, but I think that is half the fun of Halloween! I've never been into dressing up in anything scary or anything too out of my personality, so this just felt right! You can check out this post, which is now 4 years old, for some major throwback photos of other things I have dressed up in Halloween past! 

Halloween Costume Idea: Eloise At The Plaza
Pink Striped Pajamas (old)
Similar Pajamas:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love both costumes! Eloise is still a favorite of mine at almost 40. :)

pinkandangiegreen said...

So perfect!

pinkandangiegreen said...

So perfect!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure