Thursday, October 27, 2022

Lately




No filter on this photo. The sky was SO blue and the tree was just so vibrant!! 

Are you all having a good week? This has been a busy one for me work-wise and so I've just been behind my computer a ton and plugging away! I've felt a little behind on a lot of things this week so I'm trying to get lots done to make myself not feel so behind. 

This past weekend we went to Niagara-On-The-Lake in Ontario for my mom's birthday! It was such a fun weekend and we couldn't ask for better weather. It's only a 4-hour drive from Pittsburgh and has tons of wineries and the cutest town. It's all so quaint and charming and exactly what you think of when you think of a 'fall getaway'. 

Henry did well for his first time being boarded at a facility and I was so relieved. I was a bit nervous all weekend about him being there but after knowing it went well, we will definitely have him return there when necessary! 

We are watching my parent's dog, Buddy for the next week. I love him so much! With two dogs,  I literally vacuum daily. It's wild how much the two of them shed!!! 

Update on my foot (I burned it about 3 weeks ago). I've been really missing Orange Theory. I don't talk about anxiety much, but Orange Theory is the cure to my anxiety. The reason I have been able to stick with such an intense workout is because it truly clears my mind and makes me feel SO much better. I can workout at home all I want but I will never push myself as hard as I do at Orange Theory. I've been feeling anxious since I haven't gone in over 3 weeks now (because of my foot) and it has just truly reminded me to never take the workout for granted. BUT I really feel that the light at the end of the tunnel is approaching. It is healing well- Neosporin for the win!! I think I am going to try and go to a class next week or maybe the following week to test out how my foot feels in sneaker (only if the wound has healed entirely by then)! 

We don't have any big plans this weekend, I actually plan on working quite a bit. We actually don't have a ton of big things going on in November- just some get togethers with friends, dinner reservations, etc. and then family time around Thanksgiving, but no travel or weddings or big events which I'm quite happy about because we have a very full December. I'm ready to be a homebody this coming month! I mean can you all believe next week is November?! I truly cannot believe it!!!!


Wearing: I just got this Tweed Jacket and I think it is absolutely fabulous! I am wearing a small and it runs true to size! I am in love with these Sunglasses. They seem a bit 'trendy' but oddly classic at the same time. I can't put my finger on why I love them so much- it gives me 1960's vibes without feeling too 'costumey'. The best part is that they are less than $15. I would not spend much on this style because I don't think that they're like an everyday pair of sunglasses, they are too stylish for that and have to be worn with the right outfit. 
Eating I: We picked up this pumpkin tarte this week from La Gourmandine. If you aren't familiar, it's a wonderful little French Bakery here in Pittsburgh! 

Eating II: We made homemade meatballs for the first time ever this week and they turned out pretty decently. We need to perfect it all a little but it was a good start! 

Reading: My friend Francene sent me this wonderful book by Joy Callaway called Grand Design. It's about Dorothy Draper and her life and how she ended up restoring The Greenbrier! I'm almost done with it and it is such a wonderful read, especially because I love the Greenbrier so much! 

Watching:
 Did you guys see that they are bringing Laguna Beach to Netflix on November 11th?! I cannot wait. I thought it was the best show back in the day. I had just started 9th grade when it came out and I thought they were so cool and so much older! I can't wait to watch just for the sheer nostalgia of that time period!

Listening: So I'm not a huge podcast listener but after I shared the Laguna beach info on my Instagram stories, so many of you told me to listen to the 'Back to the Beach' podcast. It's Stephen and Kristin from Laguna Beach and it's present day them recapping what went on during the filming of this show! I started listening to just a few minutes of it yesterday and I am excited to listen to more. 
Wanting: I love the look of these 'faux berry' trees for holiday decor. They seem a bit $$$ to me for what they are but I feel like they are unique and I always love pops of red in holiday decor. For something much more affordable, I think this doormat is so adorable!

Amazon Rec: You can find more of my Amazon favorites, here!

Quoting: 'It is little by little that we find the courage for it all.' - JH Hard // See more of my favorites, here.

2 comments:

Gina said...

Glad your foot is getting better- At least you’re missing Hell Week at OT!

Susan R said...

Do you own an Instant Pot? I made spaghetti and meatballs in the Instant Pot for the first time tonight (I found a recipe on Pinterest) and I will never go back to making spaghetti and meatballs the way have been for years. 7, yes, SEVEN minutes and it's finished. Can't beat that.

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure