Thursday, December 22, 2022

Lately



I feel like I've done so much since last week's Lately post so this will be a packed one, especially since it is the last one of the year. Tomorrow will be the last blog post of the year. It will be my Best of 2022 list! I will return with posts on Monday January 2nd! 

We celebrated Henry's Gotcha day on Friday! Saturday, we headed to see the Trans Siberian Orchestra which was wonderful and so festive! We ended the night at Legends, which is a Pittsburgh restaurant on the North Side and it is SO delicious. It's Italian food, BYOB! 

My sister and brother-in-law came home for Christmas on Sunday so we have been doing a lot of family dinners and spending time together. Yesterday my sister and I got lunch, did some shopping, and got manicures! 

Per usual, we have our annual Christmas Eve bash at my parent's house which is always SO much fun. I look forward to this night every single year!


Wearing: Wore this out to lunch the other day! 

Eating: I just went to Athos in the South Hills of Pittsburgh which is a Greek bakery and cafe. It opened a while ago and this was my first time going. It was SO delicious! This is the avgolemon soup that was just the perfect thing for such a cold day. 
Drinking: I tried my first sip of Kombucha yesterday because my sister loves it and picked this one up at Whole Foods. I LOVED it. I have always turned my nose up at Kombucha without even trying it. I was so wrong! If you have ever had the Poppi drinks I have been talking a lot about lately, this tasted kind of like a stronger version of the Ginger lime Poppi. I don't think I'd drink a whole bottle of this kombucha at a time but a small glass of it would be a delicious afternoon beverage! 

Drinking II: I picked up some Moet (brut) the other day. I find it better than Veuve and it's at a similar price point. So if you're looking for something to snag for Christmas/Christmas Eve, try this! 

Sale: I felt these socks in the store and I had to buy them! They are SO incredibly soft and cozy. They have the look of classic crew socks but they are not a thick cotton like the classic version is! They're only $6!
Watching: I am watching the second season of Firefly Lane on Netflix and we just finished White Lotus season 2! I don't love Firefly Lane but I think it's good enough to keep my interest and worth the watch. I thought season 2 of White Lotus was excellent- so much better than the first season! It's on HBO. 

Loving: We celebrated Henry's Gotcha Day last Friday and we gave him this cookie I picked up in Savannah. He loved it! 
Loving II: I snagged this headband the other day when out and about. It was only $10 and I think that's a steal as it gave me major Jennifer Behr vibes! 

Loving III: I snagged these hangisi velvet flats from Net A Porter at 60% off. I am so proud of my savvy find! I LOVE them. They are exactly the pop of color I have been looking for. I also love that they are velvet as I feel they are not as fragile as the satin pair that I already have. They're still in stock here, but full price. I can't seem to find them on sale anywhere! 
Wanting: Not much on my radar this week!

Amazon Rec: I just ordered this lighted makeup mirror. It's supposedly a lesser priced version of the Simple Human one! I will report back! You can find more of my Amazon favorites, here!

Smelling: This winter spruce scent is SO good. The plaid packaging may look holiday-ish, but this scent is just a really good winter scent. It has a bit of 'fireplace' to it that I just love. This scent is on sale right now! 

Quoting: 'If you don't like something, just take away its only power: your attention.' // See more of my favorites, here.

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure