Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Currently Crushing: Pink

Frances Valentine Lucy Pants

Frances Valentine Lucy Pants

Frances Valentine Lucy Pants and Ferragamo Vara Shoes
Similar Cashmere Turtleneck// Pants (on sale, come in 4 colors)// Shoes 
The pink jacket is the 'J.Crew' Leighton blazer from this past fall, no longer available.
Shop the Post:

I've said it once and I'll say it again: January me loves bright colors! There are no leaves on the trees, the grass is looking rough, and here in Pittsburgh, more often than not, the sky is various shades of gray. I definitely love big doses of color when getting dressed. 

When I saw these bright pink velvet pants, I knew they were calling my name! I love the style as it reminds me of something Jackie O or Audrey Hepburn or, my favorite, Samantha Stevens would have worn. They are so classic and will surely stand the test of time. 

A note about the sizing on these pants, especially since they are final sale. I was waffling between what size to get because sometimes with straight pants like this, I need to size up one or two sizes. I ended up getting the 4 and I really should have gotten a size 2. They run roomy and have a tiny bit of stretch. I may end up taking them to the tailor so I can get them nipped in a few spots! So my suggestion would be to take the smaller of your two sizes.

This style of pants doesn't just come in velvet but they also come in pretty jacquard prints and even cotton. There is a version for every season! 

This Gold Twist Necklace is something I've gotten a lot of wear out of. It makes a great statement when you need that something extra but feels classic and simple at the same time. I'm not one to spend much on costume jewelry, but I feel like the price is fair for this necklace as it is well made and has not shown any wear and tear!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OG summerwind era post!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure