Thursday, August 3, 2023

Lately



We are almost to the weekend! It will be our last weekend here in North Georiga. I love being here, relaxing, and slowing down, but right around now, I start to get excited about my own bed and getting back into a good routine. 

I love getting away, though. I thrive on routine, but I also think that too much routine can kill my creativity. Traveling or even just doing something out of the ordinary helps me to think of content ideas and reinvigorates me to do my job. 

Is anyone else excited for the fall? I think I've shared this before, but my least favorite month of the year is March, and my second least favorite is August. August is just SO hot, and as an adult, it's kind of an awkward transitional period where I'm over the heat and ready to embrace fall, but it's still too soon. September-December is where I thrive! And don't even get me started on how excited I am for fall fashion. Fall fashion is my absolute favorite. I am starting to get previews in my inbox from some of my favorite brands, and I am thrilled to see so many more classic pieces popping up. If you have anything specific for fall that you would like to see content-wise, let me know!

 I have updated the widgets to the right on this website so there are some new fall finds and occasion dresses to browse through! 

I will say, though, my favorite thing about summer is the light. I always miss that in the other seasons. The light is so sharp and so golden. There are also a few 'summer' items that I'd still like to do. I want to go mini golfing and see the Barbie movie at the drive-in movie theater. We actually have a pretty packed next 6ish weeks, and obviously, those can be done in the early fall, but I want to try to do both of those in August! 

Wearing: This is a fun little camera (top) vs. iPhone (bottom). I am sharing two similar photos so you can see the top of the dress which is hidden by the cutest packing cubes. But this dress is adorable and the best to wear during the hottest part of the summer because it's not really fitted anywhere. I'm wearing my true size small but it runs very roomy so you could size down. 

Eating: I'm not a big tomato person but I have to say that this tomato galette that my sister made may have changed my mind. It was SO good and look ho beautiful! I prefer cooked tomatoes and these were just lightly cooked. I think if I were to make it, I'd pre-roast the tomatoes so that they are extra cooked. 

Drinking: I have perfected the Betty Buzz cocktail game. I think the Lemon Lime is my favorite. Start with 21 Seeds Cucumber Jalapeno Tequila and pour that over ice. Top with about 1/3 of the Lemon Lime Betty Buzz, and it tastes SO good... like a less sweet, spicy margarita. The 21 seeds flavored tequila is key. Our family friend brought it down, and typically, I find flavored liquors to often taste 'fake,' but this tastes SO fresh and has a great amount of spice to it. 
 
Reading: I finished The Silent Patient, and while it was a good enough book to keep me reading, I honestly liked it but did not love it. The twist in the plot is great, but I felt like there was not a lot of description or character-building. It's hard to put my finger on it, but I just felt it was lacking somehow. Like it wanted to be Verity (IYKYK), and the twist just didn't hit as well as Verity. If you have any book recs, let me know. I usually like lighter books, but I do like slight suspense like The Last Mrs. Parrish. I think the cutest book is Summer at Tiffany by Marjorie Hart, and I also love WWII-era novels. 

Watching: We are currently loving the Quarterback series on Netflix and I am still watching The Summer I Turned Pretty but honestly I don't find this season to be great. Other than that, I haven't been watching much TV but if you have a rec, I am all ears!

Loving: My husband got these needlepoint croakies and they are beautiful! He has the matching belt, too. 
Wanting: I *need* this sweater top. We grill so much; these are the cutest grill prep trays I have ever seen! This is a gorgeous fall cocktail dress! These sneakers are really cool but weird at the same time; what do you think? This cocktail dress is absolute perfection!

Amazon Rec: I got this cute beginner pickleball paddle set, which was very affordable! I just learned to play pickleball on Sunday, and I loved it. There are so many cute paddles out there, but most of them are closer to $100 each. I'd love a cuter paddle (cough, monogrammed, cough), but I will wait until I'm sure I enjoy the game and play a bit before I sink any money into this hobby. If you are in Pittsburgh, where do you all play Pickleball? Our club just got two courts, but I'm hoping I can find something 2 minutes away to practice a bit. You can find more of my Amazon favorites, here!

Smelling: This fall candle is still on sale for $35! It's $13 off the full price, and your mid-September self will thank you! 

Quoting: 'Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it.' - Descartes // See more of my favorites, here.

1 comment:

Annaliese said...

Have loved following your lake vacation and outfits!! For TV: have you seen Sweet Magnolias on Netflix? Season 3 just came out a few weeks ago!

xoxo A
www.southernbelleintraining.com

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure