Thursday, September 28, 2023

Lately

The leaves are already starting to change!

Whole Foods mini-run

Tis the season for Henry to want to be under the blanket! 

Dress I tried on earlier this week. Love!

This has been a busy week! The week started off hectic because we had workers outside of our house all day using a jackhammer to rip up our sidewalks and put new ones in. It is great to have a beautiful new sidewalk, but let me tell you, the sound of a jackhammer all day long was maddening! 

It has also become busy work-wise because we are just days away from Q4, which is 'busy season.' I love it, but it can be a lot. I struggle with balancing actually creating content, which is, first and foremost, my job, but there is SO much behind the scenes that takes place; it gets harder to prioritize and balance when things get busy. I am so thankful to have my husband and parents help SO much. I literally could not do it without them!

I hope to stay in tomorrow and order Chinese takeout (I have been craving Jade Grill!!) and go to bed early. Boring, I know, but I just feel like I NEED it, especially since we are traveling next weekend. On Sunday, I hope to take our Christmas card photo, but that is weather dependent! We have a lot going on next week before we leave for our Boston trip, so I'm trying to fit in work whenever I can, even if it means working into the wee hours so I'm able to enjoy Boston!


Wearing: These are the best leggings from Amazon! They are just like Lulu for much less! If you are ever wondering where something is from, I keep my LTK page up to date at all times; you can also access all of my posts, here, if you don't use LTK! 

Eating: I made my chicken taco soup recipe this past weekend, and it is SO good. The perfect thing for a fall evening!

Reading: This article lists the Top Christmas towns... which one do you want to visit? For me, it's Nantucket. I have never been during stroll but would love to! I went to Martha's Vineyard a few years ago in December, and it was so charming! 

Sale: Sunday is the last day to shop the Saks friends and family sale! You get 25% off select new arrivals. Brands like Demellier are included, with the chicest designer-looking bags for a lot less, Mother Denim, which has high-quality and comfortable jeans, Agolde, another great denim brand; and more. I'm considering this cocktail dress for a late-October wedding (I would have the cutout closed up), I've been eyeing these leather Manolos (I have a few pairs of these but not the leather, yet!), and some Barbour is on sale!

Sale II: It's also Bloomingdale's Friends and Family, so if something you are eyeing is sold out on Saks, head over to Bloomingdale's to check or vice versa. Their sale runs through 10/2. I like to shop at Bloomingdale's because I have a Loyalist account, and during the sale, they have a promo where you get $25 for every $100 you spend. I bought my husband a nice watch via Bloomingdale's once when this promo was going on. The watch was pricey, so I got a big gift card to spend, which was a real perk! My favorite gold wedges are on sale, and my platform wedges, Wedgwood Nantucket Basket is included, and some Juliska is included. Do not sleep on Bloomingdale's fine jewelry, either. When it goes on sale, their prices are very competitive. This pearl station necklace, similar to the one I often wear, is under $300 on sale. My husband loves these jeans, and they are on sale (the dark Miller wash). I've been eyeing these black pull-on boots

Watching:
 I just finished Dear Child on Netflix, a German drama/thriller series, so it is dubbed in English, which is a bit annoying, but the show is good, albeit disturbing. There has definitely been a lack of good TV, so I'm blaming that on the reason why I kind of want to tune into the premiere of The Golden Bachelor. 

Listening: I'm into Olivia Rodrigo's latest album- her song Get Him Back is soooo catchy!
Loving: I truly think J.Crew is killing it lately. I was weary for a bit, but ever since 2021, I've really seen an improvement, and I have fallen in love with the brand all over again. I think they're delivering quality pieces that are classic but also offer on-trend pieces at very fair prices. These are some of their newest arrivals that I love! 

Loving II: Have you all seen this Wicker Creek tableware collection? LOVE! Reminds me a bit of Nantucket Basket, which I have, but this is even more detailed. 

Body Blur// Body Moisturizer (use code SYDNEY)

Loving III: Remember when I wore this dress for a rehearsal dinner a few weeks ago? I love the dress so much but almost didn't wear it because I had SO many bug bites on my legs; I thought I should maybe go for a maxi dress to hide my legs. I really wanted to wear the green dress, so I whipped out my go-to body blur. I don't use it often because it feels a bit high maintenance, even for me, but it's like tinted moisturizer for your body. It's almost like the Instagram Paris filter, so it just smooths everything out, but it has a touch of color to blend everything evenly. It's not a self-tanner, but think of it more like makeup that washes off. It doesn't rub off onto clothes or anything, but I prefer to rinse it off at the end of the night. It's the kind of thing celebrities use, and you always wonder how their body looks so perfect. But it really works. It helped hide all the bug bites, making me much more comfortable in my dress! I cut it with moisturizer for less color/more natural look, but you don't have to. 

Wanting: This vest
is adorable and an easy way to add color and texture to any outfit. I do not like the Toteme scarf jacket that was wildly popular last year, but this has a similar look but is much more polished; I love it, not to mention that it's a lot easier on the wallet. This Halloween doormat is cute, festive, and as tasteful as possible for inexpensive Halloween decor. 

Amazon Rec: I ordered the iPhone 15 Pro Max and await its arrival! I have always used a glass protective screen and just ordered the same brand I have always used for my new phone! You can find more of my Amazon favorites, here on my Amazon page, where I am constantly updating it with all my finds and top picks from home, beauty, fashion, and more!

Traveling: We are off to Boston soon; I'm so excited to see our friends and enjoy fall in New England! We were in Boston on Halloween a few years ago, and I snapped this doorstep in Beacon Hill. SO charming!

Quoting: "When it is time to die, let us not discover that we never lived.” - Thoreau //See more of my favorites, here.

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure