Thursday, October 5, 2023

Lately

Beautiful Hydrangeas near Heinz Chapel

From Chikn in Oakland

Cutie Pups

How is everyone doing? Are you all enjoying the fall season? I had another busy week, mainly because we are leaving for Boston early tomorrow morning, and I wanted to work ahead as much as possible since I won't be doing much work while I am there.

We have had summer weather this week. It has been HOT. I don't mind it; it has been nice to get out and walk Henry in the sun, but I would be lying if I told you I didn't miss the cooler temps we had been having....soon enough! 

Last night, I went to a speaker series with one of my girlfriends. This evening, I'm going to a media preview of a new Halloween-themed pop-up bar. Follow along on Instagram stories. I love to see fun things like this happen in Pittsburgh! 

Wearing: My earrings arrived, and for being one of their least costly items, they came beautifully presented with a little dust bag and cleaning cloth. I *love* them. They're the exact scale that I was looking for. The quality is superb, and I feel like $325 is a very fair price- I've purchased sweaters that cost more than that! These would make the absolute perfect holiday gift or something to add to your own wish list for the holidays. 

If you are ever wondering where something is from, I keep my LTK page up to date at all times; you can also access all of my posts, here, if you don't use LTK!
Wearing II: Lake just launched its holiday collection! SO many good ones. I had my mom and sister peruse the site with me to pick out our matching Christmas pajamas! I love the tradition, and it's easy to start if you want to start a tradition in your home! We are going with these in the conifer stripe. I have this set in a different color/print, which is divine. The fabric is SO soft, and the style is chic and more stylish than many of their sets. It's one of those sets you can wear with a group in the mornings or evenings! I get a size medium in most of Lake's pajama sets, but in their nightgowns and robes, usually a small! 

Reading: Did you all catch the news of an AI version of Tom Hanks being used for a dental commercial? Hanks had absolutely nothing to do with it. I'm surprised to see how far AI has evolved in such a short period of time. It is a shame that some people misuse such technology, but not surprisingly. I think using it to represent other people is potentially very dangerous! I also think it has become even more dangerous now that everyone has access to it, and oftentimes, it costs nothing. Many people aren't as well-versed in the AI space, so I just wanted to share a real-life example with you all so you are more aware! If you see something online and it feels off, it's probably not real! You can also look at the hands/fingers if it is an image of a person. For some reason, AI has a hard time with hands, and if they look off, it's probably AI. 

Sale: Now through 10/11, Tory Burch is having an up to 30% off sale on most of their items. I really like Tory Burch and find everything to be pretty high quality, but they are not subtle with the logo, which kind of drives me away from shopping the brand as much as I would like. But I will say I think that they have done a better job of offering more pieces lately that have more subtle branding, and I like the direction I am seeing! I've had my eye on this fleece vest, this pretty leather handbag under $200, this golf cardigan (SO good). Lastly, I'd recommend this beautiful and classic knit collared dress. I ordered it after seeing one of my girlfriends in it, and it looked amazing. The quality is top-notch. I sized up to a medium and would suggest sizing up!  

Watching:
 I can't tell you the last time I watched The Bachelor, but I tuned in for the first episode of the new spin called the "Golden Bachelor." The Bachelor is in his early 70s, and his wife sadly passed away, and he is looking for a life partner. He seems like such a sweet and genuine man, and I think this is the refresh the show desperately needed. Though I have my doubts, I hope that these older women set an excellent example for women everywhere in being kind and warm toward each other. 

Loving: I tried this fleece vest on in the store and loved it. The green is not showing up correctly in this photo- it's a much deeper and richer green in person! I am wearing a size small! 

Wanting:
My 13-year-old niece wants a Stanley tumbler for her birthday, and I think these little name plates are darling for that age! I am going to get her one to add to the tumbler! It's a cute little add-on gift or stocking stuffer idea for pre-teen/young teens. I love the cut of this puffer vest- it's so streamlined and chic. 

Pittsburgh: This weekend, I visited two new-to-me but old-school Pittsburgh spots: Sarafino's (in Crafton) and Dari Delite (in Bridgeville). Sarafino's is like a neighborhood no-frills Italian restaurant. It's BYOB, and you drink wine from little glass tumblers. It has such a good vibe. I loved it, and the food was delicious. We went to Dari Delite on the last night open for the season, but they said they open back up in March. It was some of the best soft-serve ice cream I have ever had. I got a parfait with a twist, hot fudge sauce, and bananas. Wow, was it delightful! It is probably a good thing it's now closed, ha!!! The vibe was also so old-school in the best way- it felt like 1994 at the beach- charming, not trendy... cash only! 

Pittsburgh II: Last week, my mom and I went to Sushi Tomo near Ross Park Mall for the first time. It is right on McKnight Road in a nondescript building, but their Poke Bowl was incredible! There was so much delicious fresh fish, and the flavors were just too good. I can't wait to go back. 

Amazon Rec: Prime Day is coming again, and it is next week, October 10-11! I compiled a list of the things I am watching to see if they will be included (most were included in July's Prime Day). 

Also, can we talk about this amazing look for less? They are barstools/counter stools that look $$! I can't vouch for quality, but the reviews are great. 

You can find more of my Amazon favorites, here on my Amazon page, where I am constantly updating it with all of my finds and top picks from home, beauty, fashion, and more!

Traveling: We are excited to visit my husband's best friend from high school and college this weekend. He was the best man at our wedding, and I love both him and his wife. They just had a baby, and we are excited to meet him! Fall is the best time in Boston!

Quoting: 'Everything you do is a chance to give love. Start anytime you'd like' // See more of my favorites, here.

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure