Thursday, November 9, 2023

Lately

Playing with TikTok filters. This one cracked me up. He is so cute!!

Have you all been enjoying your week? Can you believe we are only two weeks out from Thanksgiving? I really can't! Time is passing so quickly. I am trying to savor this season. 

This week, we got lucky with the weather, so I am making sure we are soaking it up with many long walks. It could be snowy and frigid now, so I'm very thankful for this! 

Today, my mom and I are headed back to the McCauley and Dean offices for her TriLift appointment and will probably stop somewhere afterward for lunch. I'm also getting together with some girlfriends I worked with at my first job after college. I haven't seen them in a while, so I am excited to get together! 

This weekend, we don't have any set-in-stone plans; everything is up in the air, but I'm perfectly OK with that. I will definitely find time to work, as it is busy around here! 

The time change has had me all messed up this week. I love this time of year, but I am all for *no* clock changes ever. Getting dark at 4:30 is not only a buzz-kill but also gives me so much less afternoon time to do my job. I like to shoot photos with natural light, and when the light is gone at 4:30, it affects me more than just having my body adjust to the time change! 
Cashmere Sweater (comes in 9 colors)// Jeans

Wearing:
 Each time I wear these jeans, I am always asked about them. I have shared them a bunch but sizes are limited. They're currently on sale for $60. I love them because they look so polished. There are no rips or distressing, and the wash is a nice dark blue. Are you following me on the LikeToKnowIt app?! You can shop all of my outfits, favorite finds, and more in the app. I am constantly updating it with the latest! You can also access all of my posts, here, if you don't use LTK!

Eating: I like this seasonal salad from Trader Joe's. It has the flavors of Thanksgiving but the dressing makes it feel bright and fresh. I normally toss the meat in TJ's pre-made salad because it can sometimes have a weird texture, but the turkey in this is actually pretty good. 

Sale: The Company Store (aka makers of the green blanket) is already having its Black Friday sale! You can get 25% off everything with code FRIYAY23, but some items are 40% off! The green blanket is on sale, and makes such a nice gift for anyone, but especially for grandparents, college students, and in-laws! 

Sale II: I love these placemats that are on sale. Beautiful if you are still looking for something to dress up your Thanksgiving table! 

Watching:
 I watched All The Light We Cannot See over the weekend, a 4-part series on Netflix based on the novel. It could have been better, especially with such a star-studded cast, a big budget, and well-known names on the production team like Mary McClagen and James Newton Howard. The book is one of the best things I've ever read, and I know many feel the same about the book. I never expected the series to be able to hold up to the book, but to me, the series felt even flatter than I was expecting. It felt like it was lacking all nuance. There also was not enough character development, and while the main character, Marie, was beautifully acted, I found Mark Ruffalo to feel out of place as Marie's father... It could just be me, but I kept thinking of Matty in 13 going on 30. I recommend watching the show, as it wasn't horrible, I was hoping for so much more. 
Loving: This is a new-to-me sneaker brand, and I was sent these classic white sneakers to try out. I've been loving them so far. They are so well-made, high-quality, and beyond comfortable. I love the classic style of them and especially the rubber detail at the toe, which is both for function and fashion. They're under $150, too. I haven't had a chance to wear them to walk long distances yet (like travel), but so far, no blisters and pure comfort. I am really impressed, but I will report back to give my full stamp of approval once I travel with them! 

Wanting:
I'm not a big lace gal, but I love this top! It's fabulous. You could wear it with jeans for a more casual dinner or pair it with a fabulous full skirt and heels to dress it up! Love this fair isle cardigan so much! This $30 printed puffer coat gives me Alice and Olivia vibes for way less. I love it! I love this shirt for my husband. I can never resist a beautiful tartan! These men's loafers are also gorgeous. Attractive shearling slippers under $75

Pittsburgh: Excited about the opening of Balvanera in the Strip! We made a res for an upcoming date night, and I am anxious to try it! They have one other location in NYC! 

Amazon Rec: My favorite Amazon athletic brand came out with fleece-lined yoga pants and I just ordered a pair! Perfect for walking Henry! You can find more of my Amazon favorites, here on my Amazon page where I am constantly updating it with all of my finds and top picks from home, beauty, fashion, and more!

Smelling: This is my latest favorite holiday candle. I'm pretty loyal to Nest, but this one is like a mix of the Nest Holiday and the Birchwood Pine, two of my favorites. I would highly recommend it. It fills a room so quickly, and even when it is not lit, you can smell it! You can get 25% off with code SYDNEY25. 

Traveling: My sister and I planned a little weekend sister getaway soon to visit DC! I haven't been since 2019! I used to go so often! I miss it! We will have such a fun time together. We have made a few res's but let me know if there is something I shouldn't miss (we've done most of the tourtisty/museum stuff, and we are looking to do more eating, relaxing, and shopping on this trip). 

Quoting: 'Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.' - Epicurus // See more of my favorites, here.

2 comments:

Landlocked Mermaid said...

Sydney. I live in DC and the hot new place is El Presidente- Same owners as Le Diplomate. It is in the Union Market district. Get a res and go with your sister. The bar is amazing and the food is even better. xx https://www.elpresidentedc.com xx email me if you need other ideas. x

Landlocked Mermaid said...

https://www.elpresidentedc.com Sydney, I live in DC and this is the hot new place. Same owners as Le Diplomate and so fun. You will love it xx

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure