Wednesday, November 1, 2023

Our Christmas Card 2023


What I Wore:
What My Husband Wore:

Happy November! I am sad to say goodbye to October, as it is my favorite month of the year. The weather is always so beautiful, and I love everything that comes with the fall season. We still have more of the fall season (fall officially ends on December 21st), but right around now, the weather begins to take a turn and feels more like winter. Last night, we had so many trick-or-treaters, and it was such a nice night, but it was under 40 degrees... puffer weather, COLD! We start to lose a lot of leaves and color, too. UGH! But I also love this time leading up to Thanksgiving and Christmas! It's always so festive, and there is always something fun on the calendar to look forward to! 

All that to say, I'm ringing in this new month by sharing our Christmas card. We took our Christmas card photo back in September, and shortly after that, I ordered the cards because it was one thing I could check off of my holiday list early! 

I selected this card, which most of you know because I already shared in this Christmas card photo tips post, ha! I won't send our cards out for a few weeks, but I loved the warm tones in this card. It's different than last year's card. 



I'm so pleased with the way it all turned out, and I loved the way our outfits worked with both the backdrop and our card. I actually had a totally different area in mind to take the photos, but there was construction being done in that area, so we just happened on the most beautiful area of hydrangeas. It's behind Heinz Chapel in Oakland for those of you who are local. It makes for the most stunning photo backdrop! 

I can't wait to add this card to our Christmas memories book. If you don't know about it, check it out because it makes such a lovely gift, and I have absolutely loved filling it out each year! If you are on the fence about sending a holiday card, take that pressure away and at least get a good photo of you and your significant other or family; you don't even need to make a card/send one out! I love that we have all of our Christmas card photos to look back on over the years. They are so special! I also save all of the cards we receive from friends and family every year and store each year's cards in a ziploc bag to keep them preserved. My mom always kept the cards, and some are 20+ years old. It is SO fun to look back on some of the cards!

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure