Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Callie Cooks: Hosting A Girl's Night








I'm back with another edition of Callie Cooks (although this one doesn't have much cooking)! I thought I would pop in to give a hosting idea. I just hosted some girlfriends over the weekend for a charm necklace-making party. Charm necklaces have come back in style and are currently trending. I have fully bought into it and have a charm necklace of my own with a few charms (how many times can I say charms). I think they add a nice touch to a plain t-shirt or sweater, and there are so many ways you can style them!


I went looking on Amazon to find a cheap charm to add to my rotation. I found that they sell bulk charms for $7-$16. You can get about 250 charms in a pack! So, I decided to invite some friends over and make our own necklaces.

 

We gathered around my dining table to pick out our chains and charms and then moved into the living room, where I had 10 Things I Hate About You playing in the background and my Millennial GRL PWR playlist blasting on Spotify. It was a great activity to do together since everyone has such different tastes but everyone ended up making such cute bracelets and necklaces! It was the perfect girls' night.

 

Here is what you need:

 

To make the party more organized, I bought bamboo trays/plates for everyone to use as a little workstation to keep all their small pieces corralled. I also got little velvet jewelry bags so my friends could take their creations home safely. And I just couldn't help myself, so I had to get ring pops and candy necklaces to go with the theme. 

 

Signage 

I created all of the signage on Canva. If you know me, you know, I am Canva's #1 fan. I love making things for literally any occasion. For this party, I designed a food menu, drink menu, and directions for making the necklaces all within Canva, and just printed them out at home. I made a friendship bracelet theme for them, and I think they turned out to be so cute! 

 

Food

I decided to get some catering for food to make it easier on myself. I ordered chicken sliders, chicken nuggets, and donuts from a place in Charlotte called Milkbread. If you're ever in Charlotte, I highly recommend it! Their chicken nuggets are similar to Chick-fil-A, so you could easily recreate this with a nugget tray from there or get a few things from your favorite local place. I also made a veggie tray and a big kale salad to balance out all the fried chicken. I was going to serve tots, but it already seemed like there was enough food. 


Drink

I pre-batched an orange mango mocktail that I called “the sunrise” which had orange mango juice, coconut water, lime, and seltzer. I put out a bottle of tequila so anyone could make it into a cocktail themselves and had an assortment of wines and other NA drinks like Poppi. 



More Callie Cooks Posts:

1 comment:

Laura Baker Busic said...

So fun, I love that spread! Also I IMMEDIATELY zoomed in on that adorable cracker tray, I have got to find one like that!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure