Monday, April 15, 2024

Let's Talk About Fitness









Mesh Tank// Sweatshirt (comes in 4 colors)
Leggings (come in 9 colors)// Sneakers

I just turned 34 and can confidently say I am in the best shape of my life. I don't say that to brag; I say that because I have worked hard to get here and am proud of my hard work and consistency. None of this happened overnight. It took years to achieve. 

I can run farther and faster, row at higher wattages, row for longer periods, and lift heavier than ever. 

While that's all great, the most important thing is that I feel good and enjoy working out and being active. 

I have always been active but did not prioritize fitness in my early to mid-20s. I worked full-time and came home every night to work on my blog until the wee hours. On the weekend, I tried to maintain a social life while still spending a lot of time on my blog. I don't regret that one bit. Prioritizing my blog led me to this career I love!

At the end of 2017, I got Henry, which was the best decision ever. He got me out, and we walked a lot—we still do! 

While living downtown, I would also attend boutique fitness classes with girlfriends. We did things like rooftop yoga and trampoline cardio and even took tennis lessons. Then, I started Orange Theory in 2019. I got a bike and rower for at-home workouts during the pandemic and walk practically daily with Henry. 

I care less about having a six-pack and more about how I feel. Feeling good is what motivates me to keep going! 

Working out went from a chore to a lifestyle. While I work hard, it's less about effort and more about consistency. I exercise every single week. It is just built into my life.

I love to dress up—dresses and high heels are FUN! But to be active, I have to be in clothing that welcomes movement, and quite frankly, cute athletic clothing entices and excites me to work out! 

Today, I am thrilled to partner with Adidas to share some great outfits for active lifestyles. 

The outfit you see at the top of this post is bright and cheery! I love matching pieces, and Adidas has so many color options so that you can mix and match to your preference. My favorite part of this outfit is the Mesh Tank. I love it because it creates an airflow, making working out more comfortable. It truly makes a difference, especially in the summer's heat or a sweaty indoor class. 

You all know I love these Sneakers. I've talked about them often over the years. They are my go-to athletic sneakers for walking and working out. I love their arch support, and the bounce makes them feel so comfortable. I have repurchased them many times! You'll see in the outfits below that I wear the same sneakers. I love the Ultraboosts' colors, but if you are stuck on which color to get, I love that white goes with everything! 


An athletic skort is my summer uniform for running errands, grabbing a morning coffee, going on walks, or playing pickleball. I find an athletic skort to look polished and put together, but it still gives me that ease and freedom of movement that other 'regular' clothing does not! 


This is what I love to wear for hot and sweaty workouts. I always wear a tank, even in the winter, because I am not restricted in movement with sleeves. Even better when the tanks are lightweight and breathable, and this is exactly that. I'm not typically working out in a sports bra, so this tank is the perfect lightweight layer to throw on over the top! 
Active Dress (comes with detached shorts!)// Lightweight Hat

My husband is big into golf, as are many other friends and family members, so I find myself on a course more often than I'd otherwise be! I got myself a set of new clubs last year, and my husband has been taking me to a 9-hole course nearby so I can practice. The reason I love golf the most is for the outfits. This dress is adorable, and the fabric is sweat-wicking and lightweight. I love that the shorts are separate, so it is easy to go to the bathroom! 

Thank you to Adidas for sponsoring this post. All opinions are my own. 

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure