Thursday, July 11, 2024

Lately



I hope you all have had a wonderful week! It's always tough getting back into the swing of things after a holiday! It's been SO HOT here again this week. I walked Henry the other night at around 8 p.m. with my husband, and normally, even on sweltering days, it's pretty tolerable in the evenings. Well, it was like swimming through the air; it was so humid and still incredibly hot even as the sun went down. I am hibernating indoors because it is so unpleasant outdoors. Anyone else feel this way?! Luckily, today is supposed to be a bit milder!

Guys, I'm planning my fall wish list already. I can't wait until I just need a light sweater or sweatshirt.... or just don't start sweating the second I walk out of the door! 

Did you all have a nice 4th of July? We went over to our club to hang out at the pool and then enjoyed a neighborhood BBQ before watching the fireworks. We celebrated a friend's birthday and got a bit done around the house! This weekend we are going to a concert and I'm hoping to otherwise lay low; maybe go to the pool since it's so hot! We have a busy week next week so I'm trying to get in some relaxation time! 



Wearing: I wear this dress at least one a week. It's a nice, thick knit material but the fabric is sleek/cooling somehow. It's so soft and smooth and just all around such an easy dress. I sized up to a medium and while it's a little big (particularly in the armpits), I prefer the roomier fit over my true size small. It's up to you whether you size up. If you are on the shorter side, I would get your true size! I found the sunglasses in my home after I misplaced them last year and it feels like I got a new pair of sunglasses, haha! They are a great classic style under $175. 

Are you following me on the LikeToKnowIt app?! You can shop all of my outfits, favorite finds, and more in the app. I am constantly updating it with the latest! You can also access all of my posts, here, if you don't use LTK! You can also find me on ShopMy, another shopping platform! 

Eating: My husband ordered these Graza potato chips and they're incredible. We are big fans of their olive oil and they have a special release of these chips here and there. They're made with just potatoes, olive oil, and salt. SO good. I think they might have sold out already but if you are interested, keep an eye out because they come back occasionally. 


Sale: Today is the day for all Nordstrom card members to gain access to the sale, which will open to the public on Monday! You can check out my full blog post on the sale here. Here are my top beauty picks. As I said earlier this week, there are so many beauty buys, and many average around a 20% savings if you figure out the price per ounce. I have used and loved every single product in the collage above and they are things I would highly recommend! 

Watching: There is a new 90 Day FiancĂ© The Other Way season, and I'm so excited. It's one of my favorite reality TV shows...LOL. I started Love Island because I heard so many people raving about it, and I could not get into it! Homeward Bound was on TV the other night, and it was just playing in the background, but then my husband and I ended up paying attention. I hadn't watched the movie since the 90s. I remembered it was 'scary,' honestly, as an adult, it's not scary but STRESSFUL! I can't say I want to watch it again, haha. It's on Disney+ if you want to check it out. 

Watching II: This home of Loveshack Fancy founder is the most incredible thing ever (you have to watch on Instagram). My husband sent it to me, and I'm just in awe. Also, they play a snippet of a cover of You've Got the Love by Florence and the Machine, and it's SO good, and now I can't stop listening to it. It's so feel-good! 

Listening: I finally listened to Maggie's Song by Chris Stapleton and I'm a fan of his forever. It's the BEST song about his love for his dog, Maggie. It reminds me of my sweet pup Mac and my dad. It kind of sounds like The Weight by the Band. Obsessed. It makes my eyes well up every time I listen to it. You will melt at this song if you have ever been lucky enough to love a dog. 

Loving: I was in Anthro the other day, and not much caught my eye, but online, they have so many cute dresses! Here is a roundup of some of my faves. I especially love this White Maxi. It is so elegant and you have to zoom in on this Cream Textured Midi Dress to see the variations of fabrics - the detail is gorgeous!
Loving: I just finished a bottle of Skinceuticals Vitamin C serum and as great as that is, I re-ordred my old faithful. I really do prefer this to the Skinceuticals. They're both great and both work well but the Obagi doesn't smell as much and I think the texture is ever so slightly different and so it sinks into my skin better. I used my code SUMMERWIND which saves about $20ish on this product. 

Wanting:
I'm not a big fan of the woven/seethrough/jelly sandal trend, but these kind of have a similar vibe but are much more classic and wearable. These white denim shorts are a perfect wardrobe staple and right now under $100 on major sale. This bag is on my wish list! Stunnig and unique! This is such a pretty dress. I have my eye on these floral pajamas.  This cardigan is perfection. 


I made a page of items I'm watching to see if they are included in the sale. The page includes my top favorite products and recommendations! 

You can find more of my Amazon favorites, here on my Amazon page where I am constantly updating it with all of my finds and top picks from home, beauty, fashion, and more!

Quoting: 'Tact is making a point without making an enemy.' - Isaac Newton // See more of my favorites, here.

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure