Tuesday, October 15, 2024

Holiday Beauty Sets I Am Loving

Lip Vinyl in Spiced Pink
'Tis the season for holiday items and gift sets to start popping up. I fully realize and agree it is too soon for the holiday season. I'm soaking up every bit of fall this year, but time is creeping by, and it will be here before we know it. 

Brands do not wait, and so many have already started releasing holiday items. I won't lie; it's fun browsing, even now. The holidays make me happy and bring me joy so I figure why not! 

When it comes to beauty, though, the early bird really does get the worm, as many of the best gift sets sell out before we even get a chance to don our Halloween costumes... especially at Sephora (though we are not chatting Sephora today)! Quite frankly, it doesn't need to be the holiday season for me to snag a good beauty set. They are typically the best value, and I love that they give me a chance to try things I otherwise would not have! For example, my husband just ordered his favorite moisturizer for the same price that he typically pays, but it is a larger size and came with under-eye patches. I'm excited to try those under-eye patches, ha! He would have purchased it anyway, so getting the gift set version is nice. If you are ordering a beauty product from now through the holiday season, double-check to see if it comes in a gift set! 

I took it upon myself to order two gift sets to test out. My favorite way to utilize a holiday gift set is to break it up into individual gifts. It makes the gifting much more affordable! If you are in charge of anyone's stocking, this is a great way to get variety and quality for a great price. 

I love the Tarte lip plump in poppy. It is the lip color I wear most often. You can see me apply it, here. The formula blends a balm, gloss, and lipstick. It's the perfect amount of color for daily wear and feels great on my lips. So, I saw this lip set containing four of those lip products in different shades. They are regularly $26 per lip product. All 4 in the set come out to $45. But I saw my code, SUMMERWIND, worked on this product and brought the total to under $40. So, less than $10 per lip product! I ordered them immediately and loved trying them. The set has two lip plumps, lip oil, and lip vinyl. The colors you see on my lips in these photos are the colors included in the lip set! 

Lip Oil in Cool Mauve

Lip Plump in Rose Quartz Shimmer Glass

Lip Plump in Buffed Rose

4 Lip Products Gift Set under $40 with code SUMMERWIND

This is what the packaging looks like when you receive it. So you can split it into two sets or just 4 individual colors if you are giving them as a gift! It was my first time trying the lip vinyl and lip oil products. The lip oil feels great on the lips and is much more like a balm than the others. The lip vinyl is not as creamy as the others and feels more like lipstick with more opaque color! 

Eyeshadow, Lip Liner, and Lip Plump Gift Set under $40 with code SUMMERWIND

This is the other set I ordered. It's also $45 full price and my code works on this making it under $40. I have recently started to wear eyeshadow. As I get older, I feel like my face needs more color. I've never really worn eyeshadow but have been liking it lately! The top left color in the palette is the most beautiful shimmery gold shade. It's buildable so you can use it lightly all over your lid to brighten. The bottom right color is perfect for eyeliner. I mostly use powder and an angled brush to apply eyeliner vs. a pencil because I think it looks more natural. The other shades are all gorgeous. This palette contains colors you can use daily and colors to amp things up on the weekends. 

The lip color in this set is mixed berry. The color reminds me a bit of Dior lip glow 'berry'. The lip liner is so pretty and a great daily color. It glides nicely. I'm very pleased with this set and feel that it's a great value! 
Under $150 with my code SUMMERWIND

This blog post is not sponsored but I worked with Dermstore on Instagram to share their holiday chest. I thought I would share it here, too, because it's truly a crazy good value. This chest is filled with 21 products and 10 are full size. The Skinceuticals product alone is $110, just to give you an idea! This is another set that would make an amazing gift but also can be broken down into many individual gifts. The 11 mini size products are perfect for travel. You could give those in a little cosmetic case for the avid traveler in your life and it would be adorable!

My code SUMMERWIND *should* continue to be active through the end of the year, which is awesome. I've been using it time and again as it's often even better than prices when the Sephora sale is going on! The code changes periodically on the products and brands that it works on. I get no notice or details so you just have to check the code at checkout to see if it works on a product in your cart. The discount can vary by brand and product, too, but it works on SO many things. 

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure