Hen loves to play in the hose. I don't often do it because I don't like him running wild, soaking wet in our house, but he was getting a bath the following morning, so I let him run wild. He is so funny, how much he loves to chase it! It brings me so much joy to see him living it up!
Saw this cute bag, and it reminded me of a much pricier brand! This one is just $68!
My husband was out for dinner one night this week, so I treated myself to some sushi!
Happy almost weekend! We are spending today, our 5th wedding anniversary, in the least glamorous way possible: driving 9 hours to the lake. However, that is certainly not a complaint because I love being with my people and being at the lake! We will celebrate next week.
This week was mostly spent working ahead as much as possible, packing, and squeezing in last-minute appointments and errands. This past weekend, I worked basically the whole time except for attending our friends' pool party, which was lots of fun. I love the flexibility to work ahead. I can't fully shut off on most vacations, but whenever I do, I'm able to relax and spend as much time as possible with family and friends. We are only going for a little over a week this time since we have such a packed schedule, so I want to make the most of every minute!
Do you all think this summer is flying by?! By the time we get back from the lake, we will be nearing mid-August. I haven't been in school for almost 15 years, but as August starts to creep in, I can't help but get that back-to-school feeling. I think it's the preseason football that really does it for me. I get SO excited for fall since it's my favorite season, yet this year, I don't want to usher summer out so quickly. I truly want to savor every ounce of the season! I actually think I may have switched from being a winter person to a summer person. This summer has been so beautiful weather-wise, and we sure earned it after the winter we had! We've had a few hot stretches, but it's been nothing compared to years past!
I think I'll officially be in fall mode once I return from Italy in mid-September. I'm most excited for fall fashion because I've noticed over the last year or so that many brands are leaning back into timeless, classic styles. I remember around 2021/2022ish, it was tough for me to find much of anything I loved, and now I feel like it's plentiful! It makes my job a lot more fun, that's for sure.
I also think we'll continue to see plenty of Western influences, such as concho belts, turquoise jewelry, bandanas, suede, fringe, and rich chocolate-brown tones. Beyond that, I expect to see lots of taffeta pieces, quilted jackets, frog closures, equestrian-inspired details, plaid, heritage tweeds, chunky gold jewelry, and plenty of textures like velvet.
I was just gifted this handbang, and if you told me it had a $2500 pricetag, I would believe it. Thankfully, it's under $500. It's truly a showstopper. They gave me a code SYDNEY12 for 12% off. It comes with a crossbody strap, too!
Tote that my husband has been using this summer!
Wearing: Speaking of fall, are you all shopping for fall yet? Unless I see something incredible that I must have before it sells out, I'm not. I do have my eye on a few things, but I can wait. Like I said in today's intro, I am still fully embracing summertime! However, if you are, I will be happy to weave some finds in. I'm already seeing some things, like this fleece, that are catching my eye!
You can find me on ShopMy, where I link all of my outfits, favorite finds, home decor, beauty, and more! I am constantly updating it with the latest! You can also follow me on the LTK app. Plus, you are able to access all of my posts, here, on my website!
Eating: We went to Sarafino's with my parents and some family friends late last week. I hadn't been in a while, and each time I go, I think, 'I need to come here more often.' It's BYOB and has the most charming neighborhood vibe. It's old school Pittsburgh. I just love it. And most importantly, the food is wonderful, too.
Drinking: I audibly gasped when I saw this Glassware in the store the other day. I love glassware, but over the last several years, I haven't seen much that I'm willing to give up cabinet space for, but these are wow! I also think this color works so perfectly with fall tones, but it'd work equally well with spring/summer tones!
Reading: So many of you recommended this Annabel Monaghan novel as a light and happy vacation read, so I just added it to my Kindle. I love a physical book at home, but the Kindle is the best for travel.
Sale: These sandals are currently 30% off. They're simple and neutral, which is why I love them, because they work with so much. The footbed is slightly padded for comfort, and I love the block heel. They take a minute to break in, but once broken in, they're incredibly comfortable.
Sue Sartor is 30 off! The code is currently EARLY30, but it may change as the sale goes on! Love this dress.
Alice Walk Warehouse sale launched yesterday, so I am sure a lot has sold out, but it's worth browsing because many classic styles are included and at a pretty good discount, too! Friday is the last day! My top pick is this crewneck cashmere sweater. AW can be pricey, but I find their quality superb, especially in cashmere.
Watching: I just started Desperate Housewives, a popular show from the early 2000s. I had never watched it before, but I have heard good things. I'm only a few episodes in, but I am enjoying it so far.
Listening: If you all have any good podcasts or audiobook recs, I'm all ears. Preferably, something my husband and I both may enjoy as we make our long trek down to the lake!
Loving: Today is our 5th wedding anniversary! It feels like both a lifetime ago and like yesterday all at once. It was the very best day, and I can remember just how incredibly elated I felt when it finally arrived, and everything worked out.
If you're new here, our original wedding date was in April 2020, so like many, we went through all of the postponements and uncertainty that came with the pandemic. My favorite photo is of the two of us standing in the ballroom, getting a sneak peek of the room while our guests were still enjoying cocktail hour. We were finally married, the celebration was just about to begin, and seeing the room, knowing all of the planning had come together and was finally done, was one of the most joyful feelings I've ever experienced.
After the pandemic, it felt like the biggest sigh of relief. Finally marrying the love of my life and celebrating in a room full of people who matter most to us after being apart for so long filled me with a kind of happiness that's hard to put into words. Elation is still the best one I can find, and I truly think you can see it on our faces in that photo.
Looking back on that day is so special. It really was perfect. But somehow, the five years that have followed have been even better. My husband knows me better than anyone, truly gets me, and is my very best friend and biggest cheerleader. I can only hope everyone gets to experience love like that! Here's to many, many more! And, thank you all for indulging me in going down memory lane.
Wanting: These vegetable plates are right up my alley! The item that is at the top of my fall wish list is a suede jacket that is loose but not oversized, and this one is really pretty. This toile dress is lovely and reminds me of Staud, but costs a lot less! The most stunning handbag and such a good color, too! I love the color of this tea kettle. This top is very RL but for much less! Love this fleece. It's too early for me to order one, but I know I'll miss out and it'll be sold out by the time it's cool enough to wear one! Oh well. Love the color combo of the stripes on this sweater! Lots of new J.Crew! This denim barn jacket is classic and cool, and these flats are the perfect shade of green. This jacket reminds me of the plaid coat Annie wears in The Parent Trap. Such a gorgeous print on this shirtdress. The color, print, and silhouette of this dress is perfect. This is a beautiful cardigan reminiscent of a quilt pattern. Cute, inexpensive red sandals (on sale). This has La Double J vibes for a lot less! This bag is so much more costly than I would ever spend on something like that, but oh my goodness, it's ADORABLE! I love a novelty handbag.
Pittsburgh: This is very niche Pittsburgh, but Rick Sebak has a landing page on PBS where you can watch so many of his episodes. You just have to make a donation to watch, and it's so fun to watch the 90s and early 2000s episodes to see things in Pittsburgh that no longer exist! There is one, Pittsburgh from the Air, that is just set to music and montages of Pittsburgh from a helicopter, and makes for a good background if you are, like me, not a fan of working in silence.
Amazon Rec: This knit set looks so comfortable and cute!
You can find more of my Amazon favorites, here on my Amazon page, where I am constantly updating it with all of my finds and top picks from home, beauty, fashion, and more!
Smelling: I was recently gifted this laundry detergent, and I really love it. I am a big fan of the Snif brand, particularly in the Rain Check scent. I would guess they're direct competitors, as they both claim to be a 'cleaner' alternative to traditional detergents and are very similar in price. Anyway, I'd say I love both pretty equally! I still keep Tide powder on hand when I feel like something really needs it, but otherwise I try to use these day to day!
Traveling: Well, we are off to Georgia, and after that, we are staying put for August. Next up, a girl's trip to Italy with my mom and sister. I am so excited about the trip, but even more about getting to spend so much time with my mom and sister... all three of us together is priceless.
Quoting: 'Worrying is like paying a debt you don't owe.' Mark Twain // See more of my favorites, here.
This content may contain affiliate links; when you click the link and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no cost to you).


















No comments:
Post a Comment