Home again, home again, lickety split! My grandpa always used to say that, and now I always say it and think of him! We made it back from the lake late Sunday after a very long but thankfully uneventful 9-hour drive. I always get so antsy with about 2 hours and 45 minutes left in the drive. We drive because we don't pack light, we bring Henry, and the closest airport is several hours away, so it just makes more sense. I've actually never flown, though sometimes some of our crew have flown in and out if they can only spend a few days.
I say this after every single trip: I love traveling, especially when with family, but coming home is such a big reminder to me of how grateful I am that my husband and I have created a home we love to come back to. I was SO organized after this trip: I unpacked immediately, did all the laundry, and had groceries delivered the night we got back, so I woke up Monday to a stocked fridge and a clean house. It took upfront effort, but it was so worth it to have such a peaceful re-entry to my routine on Monday morning. I started it with an Orange Theory workout because, boy, did I need it after all of the indulging in Georgia!
I have sooooo many photos to share, so this is a long post, and I'll share more next week, too. There are lots of photos from just hanging around the lake and then a few of our anniversary getaway at Old Edward's!
I can't believe the first preseason Steelers game is this evening. This year, I am firmly in the 'summer forever' camp. I'm usually itching to burn a fall candle by now, but I have no desire. Am I becoming a summer person?! I am wondering whether I will change my tune once I hear football on the TV tonight.
This weekend is a busy one. We have a double date with my parents tomorrow night for Pittsburgh restaurant week. Then we are headed to Baltimore with friends for 24 hours! The entire month of August is packed with social events for us. I feel like 2026 has been the year of socialization for us. I honestly have never felt busier than this year. It's fulfilling but also a bit much if I am being honest! It's not a complaint, though. I feel fortunate to have so many things that are too hard to say no to!
This week I had to replace the battery in my phone. I held out for so long, but it wouldn't hold a charge for more than an hour at a time, which was frustrating given how much I use it for my job. I plan to get a new phone once Apple launches their newest one, hopefully that is next month, and I thought I could hold out until then, but I couldn't! Apple was busy when I went, so I had to hand my phone over for about 6ish hours, which is why I'm sharing this with you all! I felt like it was an experiment to see how life was without a phone for a while. What surprised me most is that I actually didn't miss social media for even a second! I missed my digital grocery list and the ability to call/text when I was out and about. I was at the grocery store waiting to be helped at the deli counter, and I wanted to Google something. I was waiting for a specific email and had to get home to check on my computer. I had several things I wanted to photograph, but couldn't. Honestly, I rely on my phone SO much more than I thought for so many things *other than* social media... phones get a lot of flak, and for many reasons, rightfully so, but they do offer so many tools that are so helpful in day-to-day life completely outside of any social media app! I was really pleased that I never, for one second, missed social media, but it also taught me to appreciate what my phone can do for me!
I wear this top so often, and it seems to almost always be on sale.
FV gifted me both of these stunning dresses. They are so fabulous, and the pink one, specifically, reminds me of something that would have been hanging in Jackie O or Samantha Stevens' closet!! They both run very big. In both dresses, I am wearing an XS, which is the smallest size that either style comes in. In the black, I think I could have taken an XXS if it were offered, so definitely size down at least one size, if not two! I didn't really have anything to style them with while at the lake, but I actually think they're so pretty on their own. I actually think with the black dress, I'd go super classic and lean into pearls!
Wearing this top again with one of my most worn pieces of clothing, probably ever: these shorts. I threw this pullover over my shoulders and added this hat.
Wearing: Sooo many outfits that I really need to do a separate post sharing them all!
You can find me on ShopMy, where I link all of my outfits, favorite finds, home decor, beauty, and more! I am constantly updating it with the latest! You can also follow me on the LTK app. Plus, you are able to access all of my posts, here, on my website!
Eating: I have had Crumbl cookies twice. I tried them once and disliked them immediately after the first bite. I gave it a second chance and again, really disliked them. To me, they tasted fake/chemical-y. My husband thought so, too! I just could never understand how they were so popular. Anyway, this week my husband was at Giant Eagle and brought home these Crumbl-looking cookies because he wanted to try them. We *love* Giant Eagle's bakery, so I was fully willing to give these a chance, and in true GE Bakery fashion, they were so good. Too good. They're huge, too! I liked the 'celebration' one (on the left) better than the chocolate chip.
When we got back from the lake and were unpacking, we ordered Little Tokyo takeout, and it was bliss. This is my favorite meal of all time. It'd be my 'last meal' without a doubt. My favorite things are the spicy salmon roll, the spicy tuna and avocado roll, and the fried rice with the shrimp sauce. I've been getting those things since I was in my early teens, and I crave them!
Sale: This tote is 50% off and one of my favorite things from this summer. It's timeless and holds so much. I think it looks like a Rue Du Vernuil tote for a fraction of the price. I especially love the leather base.
Today is the last day of the Dermstore anniversary sale, where it's up to 25% off with my code SUMMERWIND.
Watching: Have you all seen the new trailer that just came out for Verity? I loved that book, and the movie starring Anne Hathaway and Dakota Johnson comes out October 2nd. I think this is the movie that will actually get me to go to a theater for the first time in a long time!
Listening: I can't remember if I have shared this with you all or not, but one of the albums in my Spotify Wrapped every year is this calming dog jazz album that we put on for Henry whenever there is a thunderstorm, fireworks, or any loud noises. He gets so afraid and hides under the bed. He has been like this since we adopted him, and we have tried to let him know he is very safe and loved, obviously, but nothing seems to cure him of this fear! We drown out the sound with this album, and it really does work. It's also not bad to listen to if I am in the room- it's lovely. I had to use this playlist a lot this week since we had so many thunderstorms!
Loving: I randomly brought this conditioner with me to the lake. It was in the back of my cabinet, and I have no idea how long it had been in there! I generally love this haircare brand, so I guess it's no surprise that I loved this conditioner. It made my hair so soft and smooth.
This Korean brand just launched at Sephora, and the brand sent me the eye patches, and they are SO good. Truly, from the first use, I was blown away by how much they depuffed and hydrated my eyes. I keep them in the fridge. They're a nice, large size, so they cover a good surface area. They're also pretty cost-effective at just over $1 per pair. I am so curious to try other products from this brand, all of which are so reasonably priced. I wish the eye patches came individually wrapped for travel!
Wanting: My fellow Steeler fans, this fleece is calling our name! These ballet flats are the perfect shape. This is such a cute little gift idea under $50! I'm thinking it could be the perfect little add-on gift for a bride and groom if they have custom matches at their wedding! This necklace is incredible, and at the tippy-top of my wish list! And these fringe earrings- stunning! They would pop against lighter hair! This new necklace and charm collection is gorgeous! I just got this new facial tool, and I am so excited to try it. I am such a sucker for any skincare gadget, so my fingers are crossed that this works! Love the color of this sweater. Such a pretty swimsuit with a great silhouette. Love to see all of the amazing rugby styles coming out for fall like this one. They're 'in' this season (and yes, I fully know they are a classic!!!). This sweater rugby is special, and you know I can never resist pink and green! I absolutely love this white top, which has Doen vibes. Love the print on this dress.
Pittsburgh: Chicken Salad Chick is opening in Pittsburgh, and I could not be more thrilled. I *think* it's opening in the Rite Aid spot out on 19 in Peters... kind of close to Harry's Pizza. My cousin just brought the lemon-basil chicken salad to the lake, and it's incredible. I am a big fan of chicken salad in general, so I am counting down the days. I also think this is something that Pittsburgh really needed!
Amazon Rec: We used this dog GPS device while at the lake. Since Henry is occasionally off-leash there (though rare), and since we are in such a rural area, this GPS tracking device gives me such peace of mind. It works exactly as it says it does, and the app is great. We've been using it for years, and I could not recommend it more!
You can find more of my Amazon favorites, here on my Amazon page where I am constantly updating it with all of my finds and top picks from home, beauty, fashion, and more!
Smelling: FE sent this to me, and it is definitely one of the best candles I have ever smelled. I like most fig-scented things, but fig isn't a note I would typically put at the very top of my favorites list, so I didn't expect to love this as much as I do. It's also very different from other fig scents I've tried, like Diptyque Figuier. Sappho Fig has that fresh, green quality of fig leaves and stems, with cardamom, ginger, sandalwood, and a subtle musk underneath. It's warm and cozy without being heavy or sweet, and still has this beautiful fresh, green quality that makes it perfect for year-round. It's such a sophisticated scent!! Big fan!
Quoting: 'After receiving what you prayed for, don't forget to ask God for the discipline to maintain it and the wisdom to grow it.' // See more of my favorites, here.
This content may contain affiliate links; when you click the link and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no cost to you).

















No comments:
Post a Comment