Tuesday, August 25, 2026

My Favorite Lightweight Sweatshirts


My favorite weather is when you can wear shorts, a skirt, or a dress but still need a lightweight sweater, jacket, or sweatshirt. A good lightweight layer makes me so happy. I’d always rather have a layer on if the weather permits. I think this is also why I love cashmere wraps so much. Having a layer is just so comfortable and comforting.

We are approaching sweatshirt season, and I’m truly thrilled. I compiled a few photos of me wearing some of my favorite lightweight layers, perfect for carrying us into fall.

Sadly, this Striped Pullover no longer comes in the navy and white colorway, but it comes in several pretty options. It's the perfect lightweight, soft material. It's just slightly heavier than a T-shirt. It is smooth on the inside just as it is on the outside, so there is no textured fleece or terry lining. 

This is a great basic sweatshirt. I've had this for probably 6 or 7 years. It washes well and the white pairs with most things! 

This is a touch heavier than the striped pullover at the top of this blog post. I love the textured waffle weave. It comes in many colors. It runs generously but shrinks in the dryer, so you may want to size up. In hindsight, I kind of wish I had! The quality is great. 


I'm definitely a broken record with this one. It comes in many colors and runs oversized. I am wearing a size small. It is an athletic material but feels more similar to a cotton poplin shirt. It is SO lightweight, making it perfect for summertime, layering, or traveling. 

I wear this weekly, year-round. It's their 'surf terry' material: cotton terry on the inside and soft on the outside. It's the perfect light-to-midweight. It layers great under a puffer vest or coat but is great on its own, too. It runs oversized. I don't machine-dry it because it is 100% cotton, but if you plan to machine-dry, you may want to size up to keep that oversized fit. 

I love the Dudley quilted fabric because dog hair doesn't stick to it like it does on their traditional fleeces and terry turtlenecks. I know my fellow pet owners understand the struggle of dog hair clinging to certain fabrics more than others! The quilted fabric is so soft and a similar weight to the gray collared sweatshirt just above this. I sized up to a medium for a roomier fit. 

This is a great basic cotton sweatshirt. I particularly like the ever-so-slightly cropped silhouette; it's oversized in the arms and shoulders and has a really tight crewneck. The fit and fabric are just perfect. Nothing all that remarkable about it, but it's one of those perfect basic pieces. 

You can find me on ShopMy, where I link all of my outfits, favorite finds, home decor, beauty, and more! I am constantly updating it with the latest! You can also follow me on the LTK app. Plus, you are able to access all of my posts, here, on my website! 

This content may contain affiliate links; when you click the link and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no cost to you).

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure