Monday, August 24, 2026

What I Wore: at the lake + Old Edward's Inn


Linen Shirt (use code SYD20)// Striped Pants// Hat

I love a lot of brands, but my fave that I always come back to is Tuckernuck. Right before heading to the lake, Tuckernuck gifted me quite a few pieces, and I was floored!! There are so many pinch-me moments, but when one of my favorite brands even knows I exist, let alone sends me something, I sometimes can't really even believe it! So I thought I would share some of my lake outfits (and our quick little Old Edward's Inn getaway) featuring the Tuckernuck pieces that were gifted to me. I love every single thing, and the best part is that many of them are great transitional pieces for the in-between summer heat and cool fall weather. Now, what would be sooo great is if they brought back their discount code (IYKYK)!!!!



Belt// Cream Handbag (use code SYDNEY12)// Sunglasses

Wearing a small in the dress. It fits true to size. The belt that it comes with is completely removable. I like it, but I think it looks just as good without a belt or with a different belt! When we were in Highlands, I went with this cute Belt because it made the dress feel more 'mountain' appropriate! The dress is lightweight but fully lined.




This dress is about as timeless as they come. I love the wider-set straps and square neckline, which I find works well on my broad shoulders. They make this dress in many different colors and fabrics. I wore this in Highlands to our anniversary dinner at Paoletti's, which was fabulous. The food was SO good. I was also patting myself on the back that I didn't spill any red sauce on my dress, considering I am notorious for spilling! I also wore this dress in our Christmas card photos (the ones I chatted with you all about in Thursday's Lately post). I love the dress, but the lighting in the photos didn't come out how I'd hoped, so I am going to retake them in September in Pittsburgh. Anyway, I'm sharing this because this dress is a great option for holiday cards: it's simple, streamlined, classic, and won't compete with anything else in the photo. 


I love the viral Cadet pants that I shared on Instagram the other day (and seemingly everyone is wearing), but I prefer these. These have a flat front (unlike the cadet pants), so they look a little more polished, but the back is still elastic, so they are very comfortable. I'm wearing a size small, and I love the fit. They fit like a roomy size 4 with plenty of space in the hips and a wide, but not too wide, leg. 



This dress is lightweight and has the prettiest colors. The fit is pretty basic and casual, so it's the perfect 'throw-on' dress. I think this is perfect for anyone who lives in a warm climate into fall because you can add fall colors like burgundy and olive green, so you get an autumnal color palette while still wearing a lightweight sundress. For example, you could pair this dress with an olive handbag and burgundy flats or sandals. 
Unlike the last dress, this is not a sweater for those of you in a very warm climate. It's 100% cotton, but it's pretty thick. Even for Pittsburgh summers, it's a touch heavy. However, the quality is superb, so for spring and autumn, this is going to be such a go-to for me. It runs very oversized. I got an XS, and it fits like a medium, possibly even large on me! I love how roomy it is. It's like a more polished version of an everyday sweatshirt. 

You can find me on ShopMy, where I link all of my outfits, favorite finds, home decor, beauty, and more! I am constantly updating it with the latest! You can also follow me on the LTK app. Plus, you are able to access all of my posts, here, on my website! 

This content may contain affiliate links; when you click the link and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no cost to you). 

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure