Sweater (use code SUMMERWIND10)
Since I'm in Italy and the weekly 'Lately' post is time-sensitive, I've prepared this blog post in its place just for this week! Hope you all enjoy. I know the Lately is everyone's favorite, and I promise I will be back next week with my regular schedule! Thank you all so much for visiting; I really appreciate it!
If there is one thing I love, it’s a high-quality, classic sweater. I’ve always been drawn to collecting sweaters, even back in high school. I think part of that has to do with living in Pittsburgh, where you can realistically wear a sweater for most months of the year.
Not all sweaters are created equal, though, and over the last 10 or 15 years, it's become increasingly difficult to find clothing made from natural fibers, especially knitwear. For years, this brand has been one of my go-tos for beautifully made, high-quality pieces, particularly sweaters. The price tag is definitely steep, but these are the kinds of sweaters you can wear and love for years. And in all honesty, you all know I love the Vince brand for sweaters, and still do, but this brand is generally less costly than Vince and just as nice, if not better!
My first foray into the brand was with their classic hero product. I bought mine nearly 10 years ago, and it’s still as beautiful as the day I got it.
As the brand introduced more sweater styles over the years, though, I came to love the Mini Marin. It’s slightly more cropped, which gives it a touch more polish, but what really sets it apart for me is that it does not have a dropped shoulder. Dropped shoulders are so popular right now, and while I don’t necessarily mind them, I think I look best when the shoulder seam hits right at the actual shoulder. A classic set-in shoulder is surprisingly difficult to find these days, and it makes such a difference in how polished and flattering a sweater looks.
You can check out this sweater from Tuckernuck, a very similar style in 100% cashmere. I love the look, but the shoulders are slightly dropped, which is a good illustration of why I prefer the one I'm sharing today!
Sweater (use code SUMMERWIND10)
This style has a classic crewneck. It is lofty and soft, made from 70% wool and 30% cashmere. The first 'mini' style I got in a size medium (left in the white) and love the fit. I'd suggest sizing up for a less cropped length. Then, I got a size large (right in the black) for a roomier, more 'sweatshirt', cozy fit. I love both fits equally; they just feel and look slightly different.
I thought I would share this ahead of the truly chilly weather because they tend to sell out in the most desirable colors as we get closer to winter. There are many ways to style the sweater (see below) since it is a classic, but I think it looks simple and elegant even worn with jeans and ballet flats.
You can find me on ShopMy, where I link all of my outfits, favorite finds, home decor, beauty, and more. I’m always updating it with my latest finds! You can also follow me on the LTK app and browse all of my posts here on my website.
This content may contain affiliate links; when you click the link and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no cost to you).
















No comments:
Post a Comment