Thursday, October 1, 2026

Lately


Mt. Lebanon has the most beautiful autumnal decor right now! Snapped these on my walk. We popped in to browse, and they have so many cute little fall gifts/hostess gifts. 

Have always loved this street mural in the South Hills! 

Snagged these sardines for Henry at Trader Joe's. They're just one ingredient, and they are dried... so much easier than the tins! Henry and Buddy are obsessed with these. 

My eBay purchase that I love. Nantucket Navy forever!

A small autumnal touch at home! 

My sister got us these combs for Christmas, and we all had them in our carry-ons! They are inexpensive and make for such a cute gift. They fold out with a mirror, too. 

My sister and I both love our travel parcel bags. We told Sizzle she needs to get some to match us! They're pricey, but I rarely travel without at least one. They're so useful. 


Love these eye patches so much. They feel SO good on my under-eyes and truly depuff! 

Rabbit Rabbit! Does anyone say that anymore on the 1st of the month? Happy October! I hope you are all having a great week. Last weekend, I got so much done: doing laundry, cleaning my suitcases, putting away everything I packed for my trip, and getting my closets in order for the cooler days ahead. It felt so good to start the week on such an organized note. 

Today I'm having lunch with a girlfriend, and this evening I'm starting a little Mahjong group with 3 other girlfriends. I am looking forward to it. My Grammie gave me her mahjong set to use, and it feels very special. I have no idea how to play, so I hope I love it! 

We have a slow weekend ahead, and I am so here for it, especially considering we have plans every night next weekend. I love October in Pittsburgh, so I just want to slow down and soak it all in! 

Lots of photos in today's blog post. Trying to slowly share some from my trip. 


Dress I wore in Rome


Was gifted this necklace, and it's so fun. The heart is actually wood with metal polka dots. I love the larger box chain that this comes on. I will definitely repurpose it even when I don't wear the heart charm. 


I packed this dress to throw on for Breakfast and wear as a swim cover-up. So comfortable, convenient, and cute. 


Dress// Bag// Sandals (I walked thousands of steps on cobblestone in these every night)

My sister got this very popular tote for our Italy trip and used it as her carry-on personal item. I love the way it has a big flat bottom so you can see everything inside. She got the largest size. 

The most comfortable sweat set top and pants that were gifted to me from a new-to-me brand. I think this is truly the best sweat set I've ever tried. It's SO soft and cozy but lightweight, too. 

Wearing: Catching up on sharing my outfits. I have a backlog at the moment, so I'm working my way through, but I try to keep my ShopMy up to date! 

You can find me on ShopMy, where I link all of my outfits, favorite finds, home decor, beauty, and more. I’m always updating it with my latest finds! You can also follow me on the LTK app and browse all of my posts here on my website.
Eating: I'm not a big cereal person, mostly because I don't like milk. But this cereal is incredible. I have only ever found it at Costco. We just went this week, and I grabbed two boxes. My husband and I eat it as dessert! This is so flavorful and crunchy. You don't even need milk to enjoy it! 

Sale: Dudley's entire site is $111 or less to celebrate their 11th birthday. Boden just launched the most beautiful fall/early holiday collection, and they are doing 10% off with code VQCT.

Watching:
 On my flights, I watched the entire Sterling Point series on Prime Video. It's a teen drama. While definitely not my favorite, it held my attention for hours at a time. I also watched Practical Magic for the first time ever, as I know they are making a sequel. It was a good, seasonal 90s movie. 

Loving: The VB team gifted me this toiletry bag, and I LOVE it. It is truly perfect and holds so much while folding down into a decently small bag. I am a product gal, so I don't travel lightly, and this was plenty roomy for 10+ days of travel. 

Wanting:
The number of tabs I have open right now with fall fashion finds is absurd!!! There are SO many beautiful pieces out right now. This is such a cool jacket with so many embroidered details. I just ordered this neck firming serum stick. I am excited to try it. I love when skincare comes in stick form because it makes application so easy. This fleece looks so cozy for cold mornings and evenings (my code SUMMERWIND20 may still work on this). This sweater is a preppy classic. This jacket and dress combo is perfection. I'm picturing it with a headband, black tights, and black patent ballet flats. I love a fun pair of pants, and these definitely fit the bill. I can't decide if I prefer the pink or striped version of this shirt. These are the most perfect tall black boots. The price tag is steep on this sweater, but it's truly timeless! I just ordered this red barn jacket and can't wait for it to arrive. This is a great fair isle cardigan with lots of pretty color options. This 100% cotton fisherman sweater is classic and under $100. Love the design details of this sweater. This is such a cute fall dress and perfect for those of you who live in warmer climates because it is lightweight. Love these red loafers- the most gorgeous shade! I just got this dress, and am debating on wearing it to a wedding next weekend. These earrings are stunning and the perfect size for daily wear... plus they are on sale! I'm very into all of the collared pullovers I'm seeing from various brands. This collared pullover looks particularly cozy but polished! I missed out on this tablecloth last year, and I was bummed because it's perfect for both Thanksgiving and Christmas, but it is back in stock this season! 

Pittsburgh: Oktoberfest launches today and goes through the 11th downtown! 

Amazon Rec: Prime Day is October 6-7, so I'm waiting until then to do any Amazon shopping. Though I did just buy this Face Mask set. I bought one in Florence because my skin was so dry, and it hydrated my skin so well. They're inexpensive for a 4-pack. I put them in the fridge and use them when my skin needs extra help. Unlike some other masks, you only need to wear this one for an hour.  

You can find more of my Amazon favorites, here on my Amazon page where I am constantly updating it with all of my finds and top picks from home, beauty, fashion, and more!

Pumpkin Candle (on sale)
Smelling: I'm not a big fan of pumpkin scents, but this candle is one of my all-time favorites. It's on sale right now through 10/5. 

Traveling: We are staying put for October, which I'm so pleased about! My favorite month. I am looking forward to spending time with Henry and my husband, checking out some new/new-to-me Pittsburgh restaurants, staying cozy at home, and doing some fun fall activities.

Quoting: 'Be the things you loved most about the people who are gone.' // See more of my favorites, here.

This content may contain affiliate links; when you click the link and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no cost to you). 

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure