Tuesday, May 24, 2016

LA Travel Diary Day 4

In the past few months, I have shared day 1 of my trip to LA and Day 2 and Day 3! I am just now getting to share Day 4 (and day 5, which is the day I left, too!).

We drove from LA to Santa Monica in the morning to have brunch and spend the day! While we waited for our table, we went to The Hive, a cute little coffee shop right on Broadway. 

Ava and Me! 



Then, we headed to brunch at the Blue Daisy. It was an adorable cafe with delicious food and the cutest outdoor seating area! 

Me and Sammy
My outfit: Top// Skirt (on sale under $70)
Bag// Chanel Flats (similar)


We had brunch at the Blue Daisy Cafe which was a cute little spot right on a corner close to the beach with outdoor seating! Fellow blogger, Sammy, met us for brunch and it was so great to finally meet her. She has the cutest blog and was sweet as can be! 



After brunch, we did a lot of walking all over Santa Monica. The pier area is very touristy, but definitely worth checking out. Seeing the ocean and the mountains is just stunning. We popped in and out of all the shops and stopped for some Pink Berry to close out a fun afternoon! 


For dinner (I did a lot of eating on this trip, can you tell?!), we went to Lemonade per my request. I had seen so many people post about it and so many photos on instagram, I definitely wanted to check it out. Seriously, every single city needs one of these. I loved everything I got. It's set up like a healthy Chipotle or Subway. It's casual and you pay at the register but you get to choose everything on your plate. They have higher end things like seared tuna, crab stuffed avocado, etc. Everything was fantastic... and the Lemonade was great, too!





After dinner, we drove over to The Grove, which is the cutest shopping area. Everything is so picturesque and gorgeous and they have so many great shops! We shopped around and took in all the sights. 



After The Grove, we headed to LACMA, which is famous for the Urban Light installment by Chris Burden. There are about 200 lights and they are from all around LA and are as old as the 1920's and 1930's. It was really cool to see all lit up at night and so fun to weave in and out of the lights. After that, we headed back to Ava's to go to bed. I would always get so tired so early on in the night because of the time difference! 


The next morning, we woke up early and headed to The Montage Rooftop in Beverly Hills for brunch. The location is absolutely gorgeous as well as the hotel. The brunch area is set out on a terrace by the pool with an incredible view of LA. I loved every minute of it! The food was excellent as well! 





After brunch, we headed to Malibu to walk on the beach. I had yet to dip my toes in the Pacific Ocean, so that was first thing on our agenda! The water was chilly, but the beach beautiful. We stopped at Malibu Farms for drinks. It was the prettiest restaurant and bar that had gorgeous ocean views and cozy seating. I definitely recommend checking Malibu Farms out if you are ever in the area! 



I was catching a red eye back to Pittsburgh that night, so we grabbed one last In-N-Out meal and took it back to Ava's brother's house in Playa del Rey to watch the Superbowl. Just around halftime, we went out onto the beach and watched an incredible sunset. The most perfect way to end one of the most fun trips!

4 comments:

Emily OReilly said...

Hi Sydney!

I have been following your blog for a long time now and I am absolutely obsessed! I was wondering if you could do a post on what type of bra's you own or what are you go-to stores for that type of stuff. I love your white tank top in LA day 4 but I need a great strapless bra. If you could even just give me a recommendation that would be fab.

Thank you so much,

Emily

Summer Wind said...

Hi Emily! Thank you so much, you are too sweet!! I am super picky about bras/undergarments in general. The only strapless bra I will wear is this one from Aerie: http://bit.ly/1Rolb5G. It's super comfortable, has very little padding and is offered in nude (which is the shade I prefer) and the straps are removable! Hope this helps! Thanks so much for reading!

Samantha Sohl said...

Aw yay!! I love this! Thanks for sharing our picture, Sydney! <3

xo
Sammy
www.preptista.com

Unknown said...

This looks like such an amazing trip! Food, drinks, atmosphere, it's all so great!

xx Kathryn
www.chicandshimmer.com

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure