Friday, May 27, 2016

Wine Country: Bouchon Bakery, Yountville, CA

Bouchon Bakery, Yountville, CA

Bouchon Bakery in Napa California

Rebecca Minkoff handbags at Bouchon in Yountville

rebecca minkoff bag and david yurman cable bracelet and cartier tank watch

Bouchon Bakery in Napa Valley California

Cartier Tank Watch and Rebecca Minkoff handbag with David Yurman Cable Cuff

You saw my Chandon recap on Wednesday, so today I am recapping, not a winery, but something just as amazing: Thomas Keller's Bouchon Bakery. You've probably heard of Thomas Keller. He's also known for French Laundry (in Yountville, which we sadly did not make it to! Next time!!!) and also Per Se in New York. Bouchon and Bouchon Bakery are both his creations, too, but are located in several cities around the country! I had actually meant to go to Bouchon Bakery while in LA, but we never made it so I was really glad to be able to go while in Napa! 

I don't eat baked goods often because I know they are not 'healthy'. Plus, in Pittsburgh, the best baked goods are from La Gourmandine, and you have to wake up at the crack of dawn on the weekends to get your hands on anything. So I also don't have too much access to incredible baked goods (both a blessing and a curse). When I travel I always indulge and try anything and everything. I made sure Bouchon Bakery was on our 'must-visit' list. 

We had woken up at 3am that morning to go hot air ballooning. After an hour and a half drive to the meeting spot, we had received a text message saying that it was canceled due to wind. We were majorly bummed. But it being only 4:30 am, we had nothing to do but just to hang out (literally nothing was open). However, lucky for us, bakeries open up early! So once Bouchon Bakery was open, we headed over. 

If you are in Napa, you must visit even if just for the branding. The entire place in done in green and yellow pastels which makes for the most charming branding. It almost reminds me of Maison Kayser in New York but I loved Bouchon even more! 

The actual bakery itself is tiny (no indoor seating) but plenty of cute umbrella tables outside! You can get your order to-go or take it and sit outside. I saw a lot of people ordering to-go packages, but we were happy to sit outside and enjoy the morning. I got a black coffee, ham, egg, and cheese croissant, and a salted caramel macaron (my favorite flavor that I order at every macaron place). 

The macaron was huge in comparison to say, Laduree or Gaby et Jules. It was delicious in its own way. The filling was brown and delicious, but definitely different from any other macaron I've had. Gaby et Jules still has the best salted caramel macaron in my book! The croissant, oh my goodness, it was amazing. I mean buttery, flaky, melt in your mouth goodness. I felt like I was in Paris. I could eat one of those sandwiches every day for the rest of my life. Amazing. 

I wore this comfortable blush midi dress. The dress is made from a stretchy jersey material, so it was really easy to be in all day. I wore the heels for the morning, but when we headed off to vineyards, I switched into flats!


The Rebecca Minkoff crossbody bag was key during this trip. The bag is slim and the blush color goes with everything. When I would carry a larger bag, I would just toss the little bag into the larger bag so I didn't have to deal with switching out my stuff. I love Rebecca Minkoff, and the selection at Nordstrom for spring/summer has been great-- I had been looking for a small blush bag and the color and price were just right! You can shop more of my favorite Rebecca Minkoff picks above! Thank you to Nordstrom for Sponsoring this post. All opinions are my own. 

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure