Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Martha's Vineyard with Draper James

Martha's Vineyard with Draper James, Reese Witherspoon's Clothing Line

Gingham dresses from Reese Witherspoons clothing line Draper James

Gingham St. Simons Dress and Overlook Bag by Reese Witherspoons clothing line Draper James

Marthas Vineyard Style Guide with Draper James

If you haven't heard of Draper James, you're in for a real treat today! Draper James is Reese Witherspoon's brand which is filled with all things southern and girly but also sophisticated and classic! 

Recently, Carly, Katie, Kendall, and I got to style some pieces from Draper James' line on Martha's Vineyard. We had so much fun shooting this collaboration with Mila Lowe (an absolutely amazing photographer based on Martha's Vineyard). You can check out our guide to Martha's Vineyard on the Draper James blog, here, which includes things to do and places to eat!


I've always been a big fan of Reese Witherspoon. Not only is she a talented actress (Sweet Home Alabama, anyone?! And we can't forget Legally Blonde!!), but she is also such a tastemaker. Her style is very much traditional and classic with a bit of preppy flair. She's also SO cute. Have you guys seen her 73 questions with Vogue?! AND to top it all off, her husband is a huge Pirates fan-- a big win in my book!

We shot some of the photos right on Main Street in Edgartown as well as on the property of Martha's Vineyard Preservation trust, which is right next door to the iconic Old Whaling Church. The grounds are absolutely stunning. It's a must-see, in my opinion, if you are ever on the island. On the property is the Dr. Daniel Fisher House which is an incredible 'home' with the most incredible semi-circular veranda. It's really something to see and major #HouseGoals, for sure. 

I got to wear this gorgeous gingham dress paired with a classic wicker bag. I used the wicker bag the entire trip. It's a favorite of mine and something I know I will have forever since it is such a summer staple. I was extremely pleased with the quality, too.... top notch, no doubt! The gingham dress is dressier in person. The fabric is somewhat silky and the slightly textured material makes it feel very luxe (but still lightweight for the hot summer months). I had never worn the Draper James before, so I was unsure about sizing. For this particular dress, I wore a size 2, which is sizing down for me as I'm always either a 2 or 4.

Thank you to Mila Lowe for the wonderful photos and Draper James for the gorgeous outfits!

See more posts about Martha's Vineyard:

6 comments:

Dana said...

Super cute, loved the post on Draper James' blog!

Pink Champagne Problems

Lauren said...

Love Draper James and this post! Sounds like a fun trip!

Lauren,
http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com

Erin said...

Lovely looks! I love Draper James!

Her Hearltand Soul
herheartlandsoul.com

Keri Blair said...

Can't wait to check out Draper and James! Thank you for sharing!

Keri,
www.thestylestudiobykb.com

Unknown said...

Oh I just love this post! Anything Reese Witherspoon is an A+ in my book :)

xx Kathryn
www.chicandshimmer.com

Chic in Carolina said...

Y'all look so cute! I'm obsessed with Draper James, all of the pieces are gorgeous!

xoxo,
Katie
chicincarolina.blogspot.com

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure