Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Friendsgiving Details + Outfit + Lots of Sales










This past weekend, a group of friends got together for a Friendsgiving celebration! My friend Aly lives a floor below me, so we scheduled it where the appetizer portion was at my place and the actual dinner was at Aly's! It was nice to be able to split it up like that. I cannot tell you enough how much I love having people over/hosting. It's so much fun to prepare everything, make it look pretty, and enjoy drinks and food with good friends and family!

I did light snacks like meat and cheese, mini lox bagels, prosciutto and Boursin crackers, etc. Then I made garlic smashed potatoes and brussel sprouts to bring down to Aly's. I also made a cranberry moscow mule (which was delicious and looked so pretty with floating cranberries and limes!). First of all, I cannot tell you how impressed I was with how well Aly cooked her first turkey/stuffing/etc. Everything looked amazing and was delicious. 

We also ended up playing 'telephone pictionary'... everyone needs to play this because it is SO funny. We all laughed so hard. Click over to the description to find out how to play (all you need are pens and index cards)...would be so fun to play after Thanksgiving dinner this Thursday.




I threw on my favorite 'Throwback' playlist (it's a great one for any parties you may have coming up!) and put on a party outfit. It was a super casual night, so I wanted to make sure I was comfortable, but also wanted to still be festive! The peplum top I am wearing (runs TTS, I'm in a small) is one of my absolute favorite pieces! It fits like a dream, has a great 'V' back, and is under $100! I have worn it several times already and usually pair it with these black cords (which are currently on sale). 
I know it can be hard to dress for an occasion where it's too casual for a dress, but you still want to wear something a little dressier than jeans. I've pulled some of my favorite party pieces that I think would work well throughout this holiday season. I'm especially eyeing these stunning earrings and these sparkly shoes! And the plaid shoes I am wearing dress up and make any outfit more 'fun'!

If you are looking for more holiday party inspiration, definitely check out this outfit which I think is great for a work party! And if you're looking for a great dress, I've compiled some of my favorites in this post

I also wanted to let you know that there are some really great sales going on (yes, already!). I'll be back with all of the Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals starting tomorrow and throughout the weekend, so be sure to look for that. But there are still some sales already going on that are worth noting:

Amazon// Tons of great deals (more launch as we get closer to Black Friday)
Ann Taylor// 50% off everything, code: CELEBRATE
ASOS// 50% off cold weather items
Banana Republic// 50% off one item, 40% off everything else. code: BRFIFTY, BRFORTY
Club Monaco// Extra 30% off sale, code: WINTER16 (check out my favorites in this post!)
Bloomingdales// $25 off every $200 you spend
Kate Spade// Surprise sale with over 300+ items
J.Crew// 40% off your entire purchase, code: HOLIDAY
LOFT// 40% off everything, code: THANKS
Madewell// 25% off everything, code: THATSALE
ModCloth// 20% off everything, 30% off $100+, 40% off $200+ code: FRIDAY20, FRIDAY30, FRIDAY40
Nordstrom// Major designer clearance (Manolos, Jimmy Choo, etc.)
Shopbop// Up to 25% off your entire purchase, code: GOBIG16
Topshop// Up to 50% off select items
Tory Burch// 30% off your purchase of $250 or more, code: THANKS

2 comments:

Tess Felber_Sequins are the New Black said...

My eyes went straight to the cheese board and those brussels! I love this all black look and all your earring picks :) Have an amazing Thanksgiving <3
xx Tess | Sequins are the New Black

Lauren said...

It looks like you had a wonderful friends giving and I love your outfit! Thanks for sharing all the sales :)

Lauren,
http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure