Thursday, December 1, 2016

Lately 12/1/2016

It's the first day of December and this is the first 'official' holiday Lately post! Who else is SO EXCITED?! This really is the best time of the year!

Pittsburgh-ing: All of the holiday decor is up around the city and it couldn't be more beautiful! It reminds me of how lucky I am to live in such a wonderful city! Can't wait to go ice skating on this rink soon!
Gifting: I have a guide to gifts for the guys coming up on Saturday, so keep an eye out for that! This will be a big guide with lots of ideas not just limited to 'things', but lots of experiential ideas, and cute/cheesy ideas, too! In the meantime, I've added 25 gifts on the right sidebar (and above) to get you started!

Reading: This article on everything you need to know about Netflix's new offline mode!

Wishing: You guys, Pickerings Gin released gin-filled ornaments. It's like my dreams came to fruition-- but really, I find that to be so fun. Sadly, they're already sold out! Maybe next year I can make a gin and tonic themed tree... I kid, I kid.

Loving: Londontown sent me their Lakur Nail Polish to try out and I am so glad that they did because I love it! The formula is actually made so that the polish strengthens your nails, which is what I definitely need in between my gel manicures! I typically get a gel manicure every 2 weeks, but ever since I moved, I've been going less because it's kind of a pain to get to the salon I go to. So since I go less, I've started to paint my nails here and there. These colors are awesome but my favorite part is the gel top coat and the drying drops! The polishes are available on Amazon, too, and are prime!

Loving II: Did you hear that Lilly Pulitzer partnered with St. Tropez tan to create a really cute gift set? I'm sooooo pale in the winter, and other than bronzer, I haven't really tried anything. Has anyone tried the St. Tropez tanner? Do you like it? Does it work?! I'm thinking now might be a good excuse to test it out!

Drinking: Nespresso released their newest flavors just in time for the holidays. I got to sample the banana bread, gingerbread, and pumpkin spice cake! My favorite is the pumpkin spice cake but they're all delicious! It's definitely the perfect thing to sip on throughout the season, especially on Christmas morning! One thing I love that my aunt and uncle do is gift us with really cool things for Christmas morning breakfast on Christmas eve. It's a fun surprise and always makes brunch extra special. I think if you are to do something like that for someone, these sleeves would be a great addition!

Eating: We're one week past Thanksgiving, so basically what haven't I eaten?! But really!! There are a few new restaurants that have been opening up around the city that are on my list: Pork and Beans and Social House 7 are the two at the top right now, so I'll report back!

Watching: This ad for H and M was directed by Wes Anderson, and as you can imagine, it's amazing.  It's visually stunning but also a cute storyline, too!

Wanting: A Saks Off 5th Just opened near me and I stopped in the other day. I wasn't expecting much, but wow, I was impressed! I have shopped online before and typically find great deals, but was really blown away by their affordable cashmere selection (there's a huge selection online, too, and many great basics are just $60!)! I got this sweater and the quality for the price is insane-- I know brands like Eileen Fisher make something similar for 4x the price! Also, how incredible are these bow heels and these velvet bow flats.

Listening: Last week, I embedded my Christmas playlist, so check that out if you don't have Spotify! If you do, you can find it here. I haven't been listening to a ton of other music, but just updated my November/December playlist. Since November's was kind of pathetic, I just merged Nov/Dec. There are about 20+ songs and they're all really good. I'm currently loving this Dancing on My Own remix-- I loved Robyn's version (especially because it was in one of my favorite Gossip Girl scenes, please tell me someone else remembers this episode?! #ChuckandBlair4Lyfe). I've also been loving Robyn by Lawrence Taylor and if you're looking for a great song to just turn up and belt out, check out One Republic's Let's Hurt Tonight.
Quoting: See more of my favorites, here.

3 comments:

Janine said...

"Dancing on my Own" is such a good song! The Kings of Leon cover is also amazing if you haven't heard it yet. Love that quote as well!

Maryn said...

You'll LOVE San Tropez! I've used it for 10 years and swear by it. Pro-tips: be sure to use the mitt (two mitts makes it even easier!), moisturize your knees, elbows, inner wrists, backs of hands, feet/ankles/heels beforehand. Tan about half an hour before you go to sleep. Dark sheets are helpful, but the tint will wash right out of white sheets. Once you shower off in the morning you'll have the most gorgeous glow. If you have any dark spots or patches, just use an exfoliating glove in the shower to lightly buff any spot that gets a bit dark. Hope you enjoy - it's perfect before holiday parties and any tropical winter vacays!

Lauren said...

Did not know there was an offline mode for Netflix - I will definitely have to check that out!

Lauren,
http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure