Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Flare Sleeve Shirt with Pleated Midi Skirt

Sunglasses// Chanel Bag (similarsimilar)  
Last year, you saw me style 2 different midi skirts (one// two)... I guess that was the beginning of my infatuation. They're ladylike, but not as structured as your typical fit-and-flare skirt. I think they're appropriate for a multitude of occasions. You can see I styled it casually in the summer, here, for a cocktail party in the fall, here, and now during the winter!  

From work to a party to a dinner date, this outfit works for all of that and more. Plus, midi skirts can be worn year round and are beyond comfortable! I also love that they give an illusion of a lengthened bottom half. I'm about average height (5'6"), but I have rather short legs, so I really love when something gives me a big of length!

I tried out the flare sleeve trend again (see my last attempt here) and love this simple black top. It's just your basic, classic top but the bell sleeves add some fun! I always write about how I don't like to spend on trendy items and this one is no exception. At well under $100, I thought it was definitely a keeper! It runs true to size and I am wearing a size small.

Besides tucking the flared sleeve top into a skirt, I also tucked it into my favorite skinny trousers for a flattering desk to drinks outfit that you can see here.

I wore this outfit on a Friday night. I had some friends over for snacks and cocktails and then we headed out for dinner and drinks downtown afterward. It was such a fun night!

Shop More Bell Sleeve Tops:

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a beautiful look! I love the bell sleeves :)

xx Kathryn
www.chicandshimmer.com

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure